Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Moisturising Throughout the day?

Will it be okay to moisturise a couple of times throughout the day? My skin is just so dry and flaky, i hate it. I have the Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea, will it be okay to use this more than twice a day?

I'd say if your skin is really dry during the day then you've got no choice but to moisturise again. But have you tried adding 4-5 drops of jojoba oil to your moisturiser? It helped me out a great deal. I use the same moisturiser as yourself and also still found my skin flaking. Wasn't until i added the jojoba that i got things under control. At the moment i'm also trying applying jojoba before bp and so far its working good but i did suffer a small breakout so yet to decide if i'll stick with it. Good luck with it :)

p.s. how long is that eucerin cream lasting for you? I seem to get through a tube every 12 days or so. And the damn thing is so expensive!

p.s. how long is that eucerin cream lasting for you? I seem to get through a tube every 12 days or so. And the damn thing is so expensive!

Ive never really used it consistently yet so i couldnt really say. Ive always been worried ill break out as some people do from it, awhen i have used it usually more spots have appeared. Although i have only used it when i have applied concealer to my face, and it seems now that the concealer has been causing the breakouts so i believe this moisturiser is fine for me. It is awfully expensive isnt it, and for it to only last around 12 days isnt to good.

Yes, you can moisturize throughout the day if you need to. Just always be sure your hands are clean and be very gentle to minimize irritation. I always keep a small bottle of moisturizer in my purse, just in case.