Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sick_and_tired

What to say/where to go on a date?

Well... I've had what I guess would be diagnosed as mild acne since I was about 14. I'm almost 21, and acne has always been something I think about. I'm a fairly popular guy, like to workout, think I'm decent looking, etc... I've had girlfriends in the past, HOWEVER, I have NEVER asked out a girl. I've always been approached by girls in the past because I've been too self conscience about asking someone myself.

Now, I'm on my third month of accutane and my skin is almost clear. For the first time in a while I'm finally confident in my looks and don't feel disgusted when I look in a mirror.

Since I've been feeling pretty good about myself lately I've been alot more confident with girls. I mean, I do get approached by girls, the thing is I have reaaally high standards (yeah yeah, I'm shallow, thats just how I am) and although I have been approached by really good looking girls and ended up dating them, its not as often as I would like (I'm a horny bastard).

Sooo... what this comes down to is that there is a girl who I've known for a while that I want to ask out. BUT, I have no idea what to say... I mean do I say, "do you want to go out?" or "do you want to hangout?". I'm lost here. Also, I don't know what we should do for the first time. And I'm not looking for "go to a movie" or "go to a movie and dinner." Those are way too unoriginal and I'd like to think I'm intelligent enough to think of things like that on my own.

Anyone who has any help/advice that is geared towards my age group (I don't want some 15 year old kid telling me to buy her flowers) to throw at me go ahead. Because knowing how to ask out a girl is something that I'm definitely going to need if I don't want to have lots of regrets in this life.

Maybe just ask her "want to hang out this weekend?" Simple and effective. Or if there's a specific place you want to take her (like...an art gallery or a show or whatever you like to do), ask her to go with you. I think the best dates are simple and low-key, especially when you're doing something fun and/or you're at a place that is interesting and provides you with things to talk about in case there are any awkward silences.

Maybe just ask her "want to hang out this weekend?" Simple and effective. Or if there's a specific place you want to take her (like...an art gallery or a show or whatever you like to do), ask her to go with you. I think the best dates are simple and low-key, especially when you're doing something fun and/or you're at a place that is interesting and provides you with things to talk about in case there are any awkward silences.

yeah i agree, i hate the whole 'movie and dinner' thing anyway some of my best dates were walking around the park with ice cream and miniature golf as dumb as it sounds. if you ask her to just hang out it takes the pressure off as well i think you know you're likely to be doing something fun instead of building all this anxiety up around a 'date' where theres so much focus on doing things right and it going well.

Be direct but I reckon you should just do somthing together like shopping so you can talk and get more into eachother. Maybe catch a movie but then you cant talk so much so I never knew the idea on that one. Hanging out and watching a dvd or somthing might be better so you can chat and have a laugh but im no expert so dont quote me.