Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yoshimi

how can you tell?

can anyone help me figure out how to tell the difference between a damaged, enlarged pore and a scar? i'm trying to decipher what these holes on my cheeks are. they're essentially tiny, round holes on my cheeks left over from comedones. here's what usually happens: i'll develop a comedone (usually on my cheek) and it will just sit there for days on end. then, it'll usually form a dried up sebum plug on top. this plug will usually fall off on its own or i'll end up accidentally rubbing it off while washing my face or something. when this plug falls out, a hole is almost always left behind. this hole is usually small and shallow, and while it does look like a blown up pore, i'm not completely sure what it really is. can someone help me out? i have these on my cheeks and my cheeks only. nowhere else. also, what can i do to prevent these from forming? someone please help me out. i'm so desperate at this point. :cry:

aw man, 60 views and no replies? :think: i'd take a picture but i don't have a camera...can anyone help me out? please? :cry:

ive gotten those before. i used to pick at my sebum plugs and they would leave holes. i wasnt really sure what they were but they are not there anymore.

hi grapesrgood! thanks so much for your response! how long did it take for the holes to disappear? did they disappear completely? what did you use on them, if anything? these holes make me skin texture look like crap. =*(

I have those holes on my cheeks too. When a have a comedone it leaves those holes. They are scars! And i think that they can disapear with an anti-scar cream. But i don't know which one should i use. Does anyone knows what would be good for these type of scars??

I have the exact same problem....this started for me after I used tretenoin on my face...never had the issue before and never had a single scar. Those holes are scars and they will not close up on their own. I have had some for years. I have yet to figure how to stop these from forming. My scarring is very mild, but I am dying to try something to fix them. I think I am going to try professional needling. Please keep me posted if you have any news related to this issue.