Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
routhman

The Amazing Accutane- My Journey

hey can any1 recommend a cleanser, toner, moisturiser etc to use whilst on roaccutane? thanks

The products you'll need on Accutane:

Cleanser: Cetaphil gentle cleanser- it's pH balanced and pretty high quality. You can get it as a liquid or a bar.

Moisturizer: Cetaphil lotion w/spf 15- It protects against both UVA and UVB rays. What can I say? Cetaphil's a good company.

Chapstick (you're lips will get dry too): Caemex, Medicated Blistex, or Aquaphor...

Eye drops (yes, you're eyes will dry out too): Systane and Visine are good companies...look for something labeled 'lubricant'.

hey can any1 recommend a cleanser, toner, moisturiser etc to use whilst on roaccutane? thanks

The products you'll need on Accutane:

Cleanser: Cetaphil gentle cleanser- it's pH balanced and pretty high quality. You can get it as a liquid or a bar.

Moisturizer: Cetaphil lotion w/spf 15- It protects against both UVA and UVB rays. What can I say? Cetaphil's a good company.

Chapstick (you're lips will get dry too): Caemex, Medicated Blistex, or Aquaphor...

Eye drops (yes, you're eyes will dry out too): Systane and Visine are good companies...look for something labeled 'lubricant'.

hi routhman...i also got a cyst in week 4 and i have never had cysts before, luckily it was in my hairline so couldnt see it!...i just looked up the cetaphil and it has sodium lauryly sulphate in it which is really bad for ur skin?....also don't you use a sunscreen..thanks again for your help

I just wanted to say that although I KNOW that even the mildest of acne can bother people to the point of being depressed over it, your skin looks very good! It looks nowhere near as bad as you think it is - but just hang in there and soon you will have perfect skin too!

hi routhman...i also got a cyst in week 4 and i have never had cysts before, luckily it was in my hairline so couldnt see it!...i just looked up the cetaphil and it has sodium lauryly sulphate in it which is really bad for ur skin?....also don't you use a sunscreen..thanks again for your help

Hmmm...I know that SLS can clog pores, but I've never heard of anyone having problems with the Cetaphil cleanser. My sunscreen is my Cetaphil moisturizer; it contains SPF 15 that protects my skin from both UVA and UVB rays. :)

I just wanted to say that although I KNOW that even the mildest of acne can bother people to the point of being depressed over it, your skin looks very good! It looks nowhere near as bad as you think it is - but just hang in there and soon you will have perfect skin too!

Hey routhman..I was just wondering how your face is..Has it gotten a lot better since you started? How far in are you? I got the choice to go on Accutane if I want, but my doc said I needed to think about it for a week..So..would you suggest it? And also..did you have to stop all your meds and creams a month BEFORE you started Accutane?

Hey routhman..I was just wondering how your face is..Has it gotten a lot better since you started? How far in are you? I got the choice to go on Accutane if I want, but my doc said I needed to think about it for a week..So..would you suggest it? And also..did you have to stop all your meds and creams a month BEFORE you started Accutane?

Wow..I can already see a difference within 2 weeks!! I bet youre happy!! : ) I have my first blood work tomorrow..then in 30 days I can finally start! Yippee!! Did you experience an IB yet? THat scares me..eep

Wow..I can already see a difference within 2 weeks!! I bet youre happy!! : ) I have my first blood work tomorrow..then in 30 days I can finally start! Yippee!! Did you experience an IB yet? THat scares me..eep

Ah routhman..you are definately my fave acne.org buddy!!! Haha : ) Im very jealous of you though, youll be so far ahead of me when I can *finally* start! But at least then Ill know what to look out for! Thank you so much for all of your kind words, and thank you for calling my picture beautiful! Even though it was awhile ago, I hope to be that girl again someday soon!!! Take care : )

Ah routhman..you are definately my fave acne.org buddy!!! Haha : ) Im very jealous of you though, youll be so far ahead of me when I can *finally* start! But at least then Ill know what to look out for! Thank you so much for all of your kind words, and thank you for calling my picture beautiful! Even though it was awhile ago, I hope to be that girl again someday soon!!! Take care : )

hahah yeah we're buddiesss :D:dance:

No problem, Kelsey. I know exactly (or pretty close to) what you're going through. So many times I'll look back on old photos and say "Man, if I looked like that now, I'd..."

It's a tough thing to deal with, but we're both going to get through it. It's not an 'if'; it's a 'when'. :)

hahah yeah we're buddiesss :D:dance:

No problem, Kelsey. I know exactly (or pretty close to) what you're going through. So many times I'll look back on old photos and say "Man, if I looked like that now, I'd..."

It's a tough thing to deal with, but we're both going to get through it. It's not an 'if'; it's a 'when'. :)

Day 18:

Breaking out, breaking out, breaking out! Godddd..This could be my IB; I'm not sure.

I'm tempted to stop looking in any mirrors for another couple weeks...

Side effects: same + tane burn + an ugly rash on the backs of my arms

Day 18:

Breaking out, breaking out, breaking out! Godddd..This could be my IB; I'm not sure.

Day 18:

Ahhh Im sorry to hear that routhman!! I hope things have calmed down by now! Are you doing alright? I see you havent updated in awhile : ( I hope you are doing well! Try to keep your head up bud

Ah I hope your breakouts stop soon! Hopefully after that everything will be in an upswing : ) I start Accutane June 6 or 7..Still quite a ways away..Im starting to get super nervous about it..Im scared : ( Especially being the summer, and I work with kids and were outside A LOT! Worries me, hmph..I know coming on here makes time seem to go slower, but sometimes I cant resist! I hope things are looking better for you soon, take care : )

Ah I hope your breakouts stop soon! Hopefully after that everything will be in an upswing : ) I start Accutane June 6 or 7..Still quite a ways away..Im starting to get super nervous about it..Im scared : ( Especially being the summer, and I work with kids and were outside A LOT! Worries me, hmph..I know coming on here makes time seem to go slower, but sometimes I cant resist! I hope things are looking better for you soon, take care : )