Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kt_a

olive oil and sugar scrub

I've read in a couple different sources that mixing a little sugar into some olive oil makes a great exfoliating scrub. I'm curious to try it, but I'm wondering about the sugar crystals. Do you think they would be too big and coarse to exfoliate with? Could it do more harm than good?

i applied a sugar and water scrub once. it irritated my face so bad, that i swear i could not put any other products on my face for a week! even water burned!!

Ive heard some say that olive oil is good for your skin - not sure how true that is, but if youre only using it as a scrub (along w/ sugar) and making sure you rinse it off thoroughly, I cant see why it would harm at all.

I do the sugar/water paste as a scrub every night, for the past couple of weeks and I love how smooth my face feels after I wash it off. I used to use Baking Soda as a scrub til I was educated on the pH levels of our skin and how absolutely terrible and alkaline BS is for your acid mantle. Yikes.

Anyway - I think I'm gonna try this....it sounds like it would feel nice :D

Thanks for the responses!

I think I will give it a shot and see how it goes :angel:

Just make sure you are verrrrrry gentle..very. Irritating your skin is just as bad as not washing it at all :shock:

Just make sure you are verrrrrry gentle..very. Irritating your skin is just as bad as not washing it at all :shock:

I'll be sure to ^^ Thank you.