Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eunomios

Are Facials a Scam?

I was wondering if anyone ever found positive results from paying 60 dollars and up for one facial every week or every month. The products they use are always questionable and it's something that isn't consistant like a regimen.

I've had two done before only because my sister used to work at a spa. They'd always cleanse, tone, apply a mask - rinse, then pick and dig - and finally moisturize. My skin would look amazing afterwards and the aroma of all the products was very nice (Aveda). However I don't think it helped my inflammatory acne and probably just helped a teenie bit with my comedonal acne.

Facials will always be relaxing, that's for sure.

I was wondering if anyone ever found positive results from paying 60 dollars and up for one facial every week or every month. The products they use are always questionable and it's something that isn't consistant like a regimen.

I've had two done before only because my sister used to work at a spa. They'd always cleanse, tone, apply a mask - rinse, then pick and dig - and finally moisturize. My skin would look amazing afterwards and the aroma of all the products was very nice (Aveda). However I don't think it helped my inflammatory acne and probably just helped a teenie bit with my comedonal acne.

Facials will always be relaxing, that's for sure.

i once got one sorta by like this special offer from nordstroms, and it really did help with all the dirt in my pores and helped with whiteheads, but i never paid for one with all the fancy stuff, this was more like a massage with some stuff on my face. i guess it was a facial but i was wondering that same question too

i've gotten maybe 4-5 over the passed 2 years and they do work great. ONLY thing is that if your face is THAT dirty then you'll leave there kinda red and swollen but after a day you look real clean. NOT sure how it effects the DK regimen of gentleness tho.