Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User44822

Mineral Makeup - Aubrey Nicole or Everyday Minerals?

I'm considering making the switch from liquid foundation/concealer to minerals. Although I really love the makeup I currently use (Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation and Power), it's pricey IMO -- $40 for the foundation, $30 for the powder. Mineral makeup looks appealing 'cause it's gotten rave reviews and it's so cheap. EDM's site has an Everyday Kit where you can get 2 brushes, 2 foundations, 2 blushes, 1 concealer, and 1 finishing powder for $35. That's less than the price of my usual foundation.

Now I just need to know which brand is better for covering up red marks. I have samples of EDM that I got, but it's kind of a pain in the ass. I ordered warm foundation:

• Light Winged Butter (way too yellow) in Semi-Matte
  • Warm Light in Intensive (I think this is the right one for me)
  • Medium Beige in intensive (too dark for now)
  • Intensive Light Concealer (I think it's too light)
All I have is the little $4 Mini Kabuki Brush for EDM. I don't have a concealer brush or anything. It just seems that it takes forever to build the coverage I need, and even then, I'm not 100% covered.. some marks still peek through, and it looks really crappy in natural light. Is this because I'm not using the right tools/colors? How is EDM's green concealer? Does it help cover red marks well without making a face looking green? Also, is there a good concealer for covering hereditary dark circles under the eyes? Mine are really bad.

Also, is the Intensive formula or Original Glo better for normal skin? I'm going to be done with Accutane in about a week. I am neither dry or oily.

I haven't tried Aubrey Nicole yet, but I wondered if their coverage is superior to EDM's.

Thanks for any responses... sorry if this post didn't make much sense.

P.S. I also have some gnarly acne scarring.. Does mineral makeup make scars more noticable?

im not 1,000% satisfied with AN. but it's way better, IMO, than EM. EM didn't last at all... looked unnatural... and got oily. plus the concealer broke me out. :(

1,000% satisfy Clear? I am hoping for 70% satisfied at this point. I don't think 100% satisfaction is even in my vocabulary.

By the way, it's been almost a week, still no minerals from AN.

I am trying AN right now and am a little disappointed in its coverage of red spots. My spots aren't even that bad, but I can't seem to completely cover them with AN! Joppa's coverage was much better, but I could never find a color that matched my skin.

I would recommend trying joppa, but so many people have problems with never getting their stuff (I always had good service), I would feel bad if the same happened to you. Their coverage really is excellent though.

While I like and use both AN and EM (I still use Joppa too - I am such an addict :lol: ...), I have to say that AN does provide better coverage than EM. That said, even though AN Full Coverage is supposed to provide a heavier coverage, I actually think the Soft Coverage works better for me. It doesn't hide every flaw, but it does make my skin look a lot more even, and I still get complements on my skin. :dance: I am 30 years old, and I never got complements on my skin before using mineral makeup, NEVER!!!

It is so great to hear people comment positively on my skin, and not say how great my makeup looks....

Also want to add that I agree with Spikeyli- I do not think I will ever be 100% satisfied, and will probably continue to try other makeups, but for now I am happy enough...

Spikeyli- what colors did you order in AN? Also, to add- while I like AN Eyeshadow, I have to say that Joppa eyeshadow is much better about not creasing...

While I do not currently mix and match, I should probably start: and here would be my options (I think :confused: ):

Aubrey Nicole Gel Primer

Everyday Minerals Balancing dust

Joppa Full Coverage Foundation (Lightest # 1)

Aubrey Nicole Blush (Beautiful)

Aubrey Nicole Rice Powder Finishing Silk

Joppa Eyeshadow (several colors, depending on mood)

Everyday Minerals Lip Colors

Kayteedid, I agree with you. After using Joppa, all the other MMU just could not compare when it comes to coverage. But I am afraid to recommend Joppa to people because of so many had complained about poor customer service. Although I never had problems getting stuff from them, apparently others did.

Shanky, I never liked EDM, it just looked powdery and odd on me, not to mention the coverage is a joke. I ordered the AN sample, medium light in soft coverage and light neutral in full coverage. I agree the Joppa eyeshadows wear very well and there are no creasing at all. And the little containers last forever! I think I have eyeshadows for life!

Hey is it me or do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you use up a product? I always end up throwing tons of products away because I don't use them up quick enough and they just sit there for years. I feel so wasteful but I knew I had to get rid of them because the products would go bad after all that time. That's why I like MMU, they don't go bad or expire.

i like EM. coverage isn't a joke for me. The matte was too chalky but the intensive is good. I got compliments on how natural it looks.

I found the joppa samples I tried to be too thick, both versions and shiney and cakey.

AN was good, but i didn't quite have the right colour. I did order a brush from AN and I absolutely love my kabuki brush.

Spikeyli- I think my like of EM has more to do with their service...their customer service has always been outstanding. I do like their balancing powder, and their Silk dust is nice also- but have not been as happy with their foundation. The new lip colors they came out with are nice, though very sheer.

That said, I agree that Joppa's coverage is 1000x better. AN is close, though, and their customer service is great as well. I hope you like it, though I know you have not been wearing much makeup lately. I also agree about having eyeshadows for life- I do not think I will ever need to order more... :)

Like you, I do feel a sense of accomplishment to finish a product, but with my MMU stash, I am not sure that will ever be possible :lol: . The biggest problem I have is with mascara. I convince myself that buying mascara is a good idea, then by the time I have to throw it away because it is too old, I have only used it once or twice. You would think I would learn...

Yeah, I played around with my EDM samples today... it doesn't seem to last very long. A few hours later I noticed the makeup had been fading already. :( Thanks a lot for the responses. I'll try out Joppa and Aubrey Nicole. EDM doesn't seem to cover all that well.

Mineral makeup for me does not give me good coverage anymore.. when I had mild acne on the reg, the coverage was fine... but now that im very scarred up and have lots of pimples, i'd use MMU as a finishing powder over foundation at most.

Mineral makeup for me does not give me good coverage anymore.. when I had mild acne on the reg, the coverage was fine... but now that im very scarred up and have lots of pimples, i'd use MMU as a finishing powder over foundation at most.

Guest Sincerely Me

I like EM and I like AN just the same. The AN has good coverage on my redmarks if done in natural light with a concealer and set with finishing powder.

I'm probably going to have to resort to doing that. :( This really sucks, because I really wanted to love mineral makeup. The stuff I buy works great but it's just so damn expensive, y'know? :(

Never tried AN, but i am devoted to EM! I love it! Ive been using it for 5 months everyday, and my skin has improoooooooooved alot!

I like EM, intensive coverage is the best of EM's formulas & looks very natural, IMO. I have my family asking me if I am even wearing foundation & saying that my skin looks good. It wears great for me throughout the day.

I dont recommend original glow; I found it waaay too shiny & to accentuate pores.

I liked a heavier coverage when my redmarks were at their worst too. I didnt like joppa, too chalky. Meow was pretty good, but felt a bit powdery still also.

EM just looks the most natural to me & if I layer well it covers enough for me.

i love my AN brushes. My Everyday Minerals concealer brush broke! and I got the baby buki for everyday minerals and it sheds really bad and its not nice and soft..soo..i gave it to my sister :lol:

So I got my AN samples today, ofcourse I tried it on immediately. I'm not too crazy about the colors but the coverage is decent. Not as great as Joppa but it does its job. I got 2 sample foundations, I picked light neutral in soft coverage and medium light neutral in full coverage. So far it seems the light neutral is the color match for me, the medium light neutral was way too orange looking. The problem is if I tan during the summer, what color will look good on me? Oh and I also got their radiance bronzer, it didn't look that great on my skin tone. It looked like I had dirt on my face instead of having a healthy flush. I prefer Joppa's Caribbean bronzer instead. But hey live and learn right? I also got the AN sample for eden blush and blissful blush, neither really did it for me but they worked well on my eyes. I did get teal eyeshadow as my final sample, now that color I loved. It's an awesome electric green and would look great in the spring.

Anyway, that's my AN update. I do like how light the foundation feel, definitely lighter than Joppa. I'll just use them along with my Joppa stuff, hopefully they will blend well together.

Probably too late, but I wanted to say that EM Multitask Concealer works great for me - I use it alone, layered quite heavily over scarred or other problem areas & its matte finish hides plenty + looks very natural when buffed well. The main problem I have with it is it get a bit shiny after awhile & the shade is a little on the pink side for my very light olive complexion.