Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so, this woman, Yesenia, pm'ed Joel asking him for advice on acne, she doesn't speak english, and since he doesnt speak spanish, he asked me to talk to her, and so I did, and I need help on what advice to give her, and that's why I'm here.

She's 38, has had acne since she was 29, some dermatologists say that it's a hormonal problem, others say it's an emotional problem(nerv).

she tried accutane but got tachychardia, and she also was on diane 35. she got 3 surgeries to get rid of her cysts and she was clear for a few years, until almost 2 years ago.

She went to a new derm, and she got this infiltration method done, but it made her pores bigger.

She went to a new, new, new derm (lol) and he gave her some creams (maybe topicals?), he also used an electric device on her skin, which gave her an allergic reaction, she came back and asked him for a product that could reduce the redness, and he prescribed her an anti-inflamatory(hydrocortisone) and androcur (according to wiki, it's a kind of anti-androgen, that reduces the amount of hormones, or prevents them from forming), but she refused to take it.

she breaks out everyday, has bacne, and her face is full with cysts too.

what should I tell her? :confused:

help please!

ah man. i don't know! sounds like she's in a terrible cycle of too much stuff. has she ever taken a break from stuff? What about the food she eats?

I've had success the last 2 months with drinking organic apple cider vinegar (1 -3 tablespoons) a day. I haven't gotten cysts in years though. Only hormonal acne.

It sounds like she needs to find another derm for sure. Or she can check with her obgyn.

Otherwise, give her the link to Dan's regimen and the success stories. Can she read English? If not, you might translate it for her to give her the gist of it. It may be worth a try. Dan has received letters over the years from people who have had success treating their more severe acne with the Regimen, it just may take longer to see results.

It sounds like she needs to find another derm for sure. Or she can check with her obgyn.

Otherwise, give her the link to Dan's regimen and the success stories. Can she read English? If not, you might translate it for her to give her the gist of it. It may be worth a try. Dan has received letters over the years from people who have had success treating their more severe acne with the Regimen, it just may take longer to see results.

Wouldnt it be cool if you could just press a button and this site could be transferred to Spanish, French, Chinese, Tagalog, whatever language it is youre fluent in?

Tell her to try Paulas Choice, my favorite :lol:

Dan is working on eventually getting the site translated in other languages. That will be cool.

Wouldnt it be cool if you could just press a button and this site could be transferred to Spanish, French, Chinese, Tagalog, whatever language it is youre fluent in?

Tell her to try Paulas Choice, my favorite :lol:

What about spironaltone (someone help me out with the spelling)

Its supposed to be a hormonal treatment and many people here use it for acne.