Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VTgirl9

Help me get this thing off my forehead

I can't take it anymore. I have this cyst or papule or something on my forehead that's been there for 3 days, its big, red, swollen and has not come to a head, help me, what can I do to get rid of it?

should go away in about a week or 2. if not, get it looked at by a derm, he might suggest one fo those shots that get rid of it in a day or 2.

in teh mean time, try one of those compresses. use water and sea salt. im not sure on how much to use though.

For a cyst to go away, it takes 7-10 days. The redness will stay as long as it wants, unfortunately. But if you are on accutane, it should go away sooner than you think. Just relax and have some waffles!~

yea, cortison shot. get that bad boy. and yes, it should go away in about 10 days. See! i was sorta correct, just didn't have all the info. i seggest leaving it alone unless it absolutly must go away in teh next few days

Thanks for the replies. I tried the salt water thing, didn't work, warm and cold compresses didnt't work. You mean this thing is going to be glowing on my forehead for 2 weeks, oh no, I was hoping it would be gone by this weekend, I have a hot date you know (kidding), but really I was going to go out, looks like I'll have to stay home, this damn acne ruins everything, I wish the accutane would help me instead of making this worse. Argghhhh

Stop wasting time and get to a dermatologist for a cortisone shot! The cyst will be flat in a matter of days! I just had my first cortisone shot ever about a week ago, and now I'm kicking myself for not ever getting one before. They're magic! :dance:

Ok, well the derm wont due a cortisone shot, how the heck else am I going to get this thing off my ugly forehead? I cant take it any more, i am going to cry

don't know if this is applicable to cysts that haven't popped, but mine just did today, huge one too, and I called up my derm office to ask if i should keep trying to drain it...

my derm told me that since it stopped draining .. or oozing as i like to call it... to take... Lipton Tea bags... only the lipton tea bags, regular... and to take it, and make tea with it, drink the tea if you want...lol.. but put the bag on my cyst while its warm.. not too hot cuz u'll burn yourself.. but to try that 2-3 times a day...

in my case, she said if it didn't work to call her up again... so maybe then i can get the steroid shot that i've been longing for... :/:)

Ok, well the derm wont due a cortisone shot, how the heck else am I going to get this thing off my ugly forehead? I cant take it any more, i am going to cry

Really?! Why not?