Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on B5 for 6 months now along with a few other things... I started B5 at the begining of August and I didnt start getting clearer until the middle of November. I am hoping it is not the B5 that helped my skin because I dont like taking so many pills everyday and I am afraid that my hair is goign to fall out haha. PLus I have lost alot of weight. I'm down to 3 grams and am hoping to get it down to nothing very soon... I started taking evening primerose oil in September, so I was thinking maybe it was that that was helping my skin... but I just dont KNOW... plus I am taking fish oil capsuls as well, so that could be helping too... I am SO stressed right now because I dont want to quit B5 and break out like crazy like people have said that they do. My question is.... did the people who quit B5 gradually quit it, or did you just quit cold turkey? And how did your skin react? Another reason i dont think B5 is working is because it doesnt reduce my face oil like some people say it does... my skin is still oily.

I've been on B5 for 6 months now along with a few other things... I started B5 at the begining of August and I didnt start getting clearer until the middle of November. I am hoping it is not the B5 that helped my skin because I dont like taking so many pills everyday and I am afraid that my hair is goign to fall out haha. PLus I have lost alot of weight. I'm down to 3 grams and am hoping to get it down to nothing very soon... I started taking evening primerose oil in September, so I was thinking maybe it was that that was helping my skin... but I just dont KNOW... plus I am taking fish oil capsuls as well, so that could be helping too... I am SO stressed right now because I dont want to quit B5 and break out like crazy like people have said that they do. My question is.... did the people who quit B5 gradually quit it, or did you just quit cold turkey? And how did your skin react? Another reason i dont think B5 is working is because it doesnt reduce my face oil like some people say it does... my skin is still oily.

i personally never thought taking pills was a good way to cure your acne... i am not sure about severe acne but if you have a mild acne..only on your face, not on body, i wouldnt take any pills.. i heard women might not be able to get pregnant later on.. just be careful with what you put inside ur body

How much fish oil are you taking?

Up it to 10 tablets and cut out the flaxseed, you should notice a difference right away. Then you may feel more comfortable about lowing the b5. :)

If your capsule has 300 mg of omega 3 in total (dha and epa) then yeah, 10 capsules.

I took 21 pills of B5 per day when I first started. It took 3 months to clear, and then i came off it without gradually reducing the dosage. The result- a crazy break out, it was devastating! I went back on 21 pills per day, and cleared after about 6 months. I reduced gradually, i am now on 1 pill per meal time and am still perfectly clear.

If you cut it out without weaning yourself off it, you will break out, no doubt about it.

Gradually reduce, you may even be able to come off it completely, you never know, although I think I will stick with my maintenance dosage, I love being clear. I have got my hair up off my face today, which is something I would never do before, and it feels great!!!

Up it to 10 tablets and cut out the flaxseed, you should notice a difference right away. Then you may feel more comfortable about lowing the b5. :)

If your capsule has 300 mg of omega 3 in total (dha and epa) then yeah, 10 capsules.

Whoa 10 capsules that seem like alot! How come cut out the flax seed?

Great thread.

xxndnromeoxx, would you mind sharing a bit more information about your current routein?

As i cant get a reply from anyone anywhere else about B5 ill try in this thread, when is the best time to take a B Complex each day or can it be whenever?

As i cant get a reply from anyone anywhere else about B5 ill try in this thread, when is the best time to take a B Complex each day or can it be whenever?

Because flax has lots of omega 6 which is not necessary. Flax also has ALA which isn't a directly used form of omega 3 so it's kind of useless in my personal opinion. Omega 6's stop omega 3 conversion (which is what ALA needs to do, convert to DHA and EPA to be used). Something like that. But it's just my opinion of course.

So 10 of fish is not bad. In reality. 10 pills of fish oil is actually two TEAspoons worth of liquid. If it makes you feel better, get the liquid form and just have two teaspoons instead :). Get the Carlson's brand. It's the best, I hear. No toxicity of metals too.

I take b5 now too, but with fish oil, the amount is so little that it cleared me up right away upon adding it. (3 to 4 grams at most). Fish oil and green tea helped 75%, B5 hit it on the head!

The effect was a replication of Accutane minus the side effects + a whole load of positive effects.