Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys. Like many of you (i'm sure), I'm something of a myspace junkie. And I was wondering if the good people at Acne.org had ever thought about making some myspace icons or something similar to advertise. I think people view their myspace pages as really reflecting who they are and a part of who I am is mildly-obsessed with skin care, haha, and therefore, the regimen! I would love to have an "I do the DKR for clear skin" icon (or something like that, creativity is not my forte) in my "about me" section. Just a thought!

Veronica

Well, I guess I shouldn't say "advertise," more like promotion by word-of-mouth ;) I know, for example, my bf is a musician and I have an animated banner on my myspace page under the "Music" section that alternates between a picture of his band and the words "Listen to Stasis". If you click on it, it takes you to their website. That's the sort of thing I was thinking of. I'm gonna look into making something :)

Unless Dan changes his mind, this is the current stand on advertising (which includes banner ads). From the forum rules:

Advertising/Soliciting: no advertising or soliciting in any form. This includes linking to or advertising other products or web sites in your posts or in your signature. It also includes soliciting of any kind. We allow one exception: if you need to link to a product you are currently using in your skin care regimen and need to ask a question on a one time basis.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question?

If you want to provide a link to Dan's regimen from your Myspace page, that would probably be fine.

I think she is talking about an Acne.org or DKR icon of some kind that people could use in their Myspace pages.

I'm not sure there'd be a huge demand, but who knows?

I might like this idea. Maybe Paul or Joel can make us a cool link/pic thing that you can put on your MySpace page. I just want to make sure it doesn't look like an ad at all. For now, as Brandy says, a text link is totally welcomed.