Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been dealing with acne since freshman year in HS. Back then it was mild...and oh what I wouldn't give to have the skin I thought was so hideous...LOL! I have 2 children, and after each one it got worse. I started 40 mg a day on March 29th. After my 1st month I'll be going to 80mg a day for the remaining 5 months.

Day 1

Awful... I can't even describe. Took my pill with dinner, and woke up in the wee hours with a massive headache. Ran to the bathroom and vomited for what seemed like a life time. Battled a dull headache for most of the day.

(Skipped Day 2....My experience was so awful, I was scared to try again).

Day 3 Took my tane, and 2 hours later popped 2 advil to try and prevent the horrible reaction I had the 1st night. Well, I guess it worked! I woke up feeling fine. A little sore all over, and a slight dull headache.. par for the course I guess!

Day 4 I haven't had any new breakouts since I started! All the pimples around my chin are nearly flat. Although one pimple I had on my cheek has gotten a little inflamed and painful. Very slight headache today, but I barely even noticed it. Nothing is chapped or dry on me, yet!

Hi Kate!

I'm sorry to hear about the horrific first day on Accutane... but at least now you're on your way. I started about a week after you. Do you mind me asking how much you weigh?

Anyway, all the best on your journey to clear skin! :)

Cheers!