Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm almost on my 3rd month of accutane and I have lots of red marks left behind. Lately I stopped moisturizing and my skin has become REALLY dry and flaky.

Is it ok not to moisturize while on accutane ?

I think it's helping fade my red marks....any tips or recomendations?

I'm almost on my 3rd month of accutane and I have lots of red marks left behind. Lately I stopped moisturizing and my skin has become REALLY dry and flaky.

Is it ok not to moisturize while on accutane ?

I think it's helping fade my red marks....any tips or recomendations?

Why would you stop moisturizing? It's a pretty easy thing to do...

Hey Matt,

I totally understand your predicament............moisturising flakey skin helps make it look better, but u r actually glue-ing the flakes that want to come out back onto your skin.

I've ony noticed that although the flakiness is annoying, it kinda helps with the redmarks.

what I do is try to gently rub my skin in the shower....like with my fingers, the dead skin kinda rolls off. I also *gently* use a cotton pad with a toner............helps! Then I apply moisturiser (not oil-based). Basically, try to get the flakes off before you moisturise.

I kind of like the peeling.............but not when its on places that are free of redmarks, like my nose for instance.

I think it's pretty important to be moisturizing since the skin is fragile while on Tane. Try ex foliating in the shower with a wet wash cloth. I do it the shower and as soon as I get and dry my face I put on my moisturizer.