Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Mumblesorusjen

something that was said

Guest Mumblesorusjen

me & my boyfriend were at the pool and i told him i didn't want to get my face wet

When he asked why

i said because i don't want you to see how ugly my skin looks with out makeup

so he was like ok

LAter i started to get annoyed with not being able to actually go under the water so i took my chances and got my face wet

of coarse my makeup came off but it was okay

My boyfriend than said jokingly " i can see why you didn't want to get your face wet you need the make-up... j/k"

i was kinda shocked that he would even joke about that and i got mad at him

he kept saying sorry and you know i was joking you are beautiful w/o makeup

It still hit me hard though.

Anyone else experience this?

Guest Sincerely Me

It was just sarcasm..like, I don't know what you're smoking, you look great without make up. I wouldn't feel too bad that he was joking about it. I have had that happen in other situations not about my face or anything, but I've gotten the sarcastic jokes and it was all good by me.

i have never let that happen...i am too scared!! It would cut me to pieces whether they were joking or not and i would obsess over it for probably the rest of the r/ship!

but i'm just sensitive when it comes to this topic...and i'd probably make them feel the same about something they are sensitive about.......well actualy the good moral in me stops me doing this but i'd at least think about it...

you are beautiful though!!! :)

I'll go swimming, but only if I don't know anybody there....Must be completely anonymous.

My face no longer looks even just like a regular case of acne due to scars & treating it. It just looks red and messy.

Yes, I've been there. I'm sure he just can't comprehend how bad it hurts.

I can see why that would upset you.

But you're gorgeous and there was no way he was being serious!

usually when people "joke" or "tease", theres a bit of truth in what theyre saying. like...when someone is like "youre so stupid lolol", they actually do kinda mean it. its not from outta nowhere. i dont think he was trying to be mean, but thats was a REALLY dumb thing for him to say..