Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay... well I have very mild acne and I've been using Tea Tree oil to spot-treat over the past few weeks or so and I wasn't very happy with the results. I was using BP 5% a while back, (from personal experience I believe it worked better but if I used it too often my skin would get irritated). Now I'm planning to switch back to Benzoyl Peroxide 5% but I also have a few questions ...

#1 - Should I be using it before going to bed only?

#2- Can BP be used on whiteheads or very small pimples? Of course I would only use

a very small amount.

#3- Does BP help in reducing redness?

#4- Does it take a while to work?

I don't think I'll be using the 2.5% like most people recommend... my sister has been using the 5% and her skin is never dry or red... it seems to be working for her...

That's all for now! Thanks. ^^

Guest Sincerely Me
Okay... well I have very mild acne and I've been using Tea Tree oil to spot-treat over the past few weeks or so and I wasn't very happy with the results. I was using BP 5% a while back, (from personal experience I believe it worked better but if I used it too often my skin would get irritated). Now I'm planning to switch back to Benzoyl Peroxide 5% but I also have a few questions ...

#1 - Should I be using it before going to bed only?

#2- Can BP be used on whiteheads or very small pimples? Of course I would only use

a very small amount.

#3- Does BP help in reducing redness?

#4- Does it take a while to work?

I don't think I'll be using the 2.5% like most people recommend... my sister has been using the 5% and her skin is never dry or red... it seems to be working for her...

That's all for now! Thanks. ^^

First, 5%...your sister is not you so you do not know how you will react. That is something to consider. I have tough skin, so I used 5% for a while, but eventually got very rritated. 2.5 is just as effective even though it may take a bit longer, and is WAY less harsh.

#1 - Should I be using it before going to bed only? - you can use it twice a day if you would like. If your skin is sensitive, I'd use it once a day and work up to twice.

a very small amount. - Yes.

#3- Does BP help in reducing redness? - No, it may increase redness due to some irritation until you get used to BP.

#4- Does it take a while to work? - It all depends on your skin. Different time for different people.