Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ilbambino86

HELP!!!!! FIRST DAY ON ACCUTANE...

I JUST GOT PRESCRIBED CLARAVIS AND MY DERM JUST PUT ME ON 10MG STATING THAT I COULD PREVENT AND IB OR MAKE IT LESS SEVERE AND THEN NEXT MONTH I'LL GO TO 30 OR 40MG, AND WANTED TO ASK ALL OF U IF THIS IS NORMAL? OR DID MY DERM MESSED UP, THANKS

How bad is your acne and how much do you weigh? My derm put me on 40mg for the first month to get used to it, and then he upper me to 80mg for the remainder. That seems to be the standard.

Try to trust your derm.

Every one of them is different and has different practice beliefs.

Mine is VERY agressive and putting me on 40mg twice a day to start! I'm a 25F, 140ish lbs and 5'5 1/2.

Did he say how long your course was going to be? He could just be starting you low and upping your dose each month assuming all your blood tests check out ok.

I also wanted to add that my acne is pretty mild for the most part but VERY persistant and stubborn-leaving red marks for the smallest pimple.

thanks for replying. honestly i dont know how long i'll be with tane, but i'm thinking 6-7 months, and yeah u r right i should trust my derm, all of them are different and have different approach to each problem. My acne is not severe, i think i messed up big time because i was pretty much clear with 5 ipl treatments I had but i wasnt happy with my skin texture so i started retin-a-micro and that was the biggest mistake i ever made :wall: so i broke out like there is no tomorrow and some of them gave me somo minor scarring that i hope will get better with time, and right now i have 3 cyst that are dissapearing so its not that bad, but how long will u be in tane?