Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

All the people who're giving up on minerals

i'm just finding it really fascinating how people are growing frustrated w/minerals as the hype is wearing off. do people have any liquid/traditional favorites we can list quickly (doesn't have to be a long review thread, like the other one), that offer decent coverage and don't break you out? i'm not sure i'm about to run out & buy any of them (i'm still not wearing any makeup at the moment, till my skin calms)... but it'd be interesting to just have a basic list. :think:

Guest Mumblesorusjen

i used to be in love with Neutrogena Cean Tint.

great tinted mouisturizer.

I bought some samples from Aubrey Nicole and Everyday Minerals but incase I don't like those, I'm debating on these three

Revlon Color stay

Physicans Foluma

Mac

I just want to know which of these three, people break out LESS on and what works the BEST. I'm so frustrated reading so many things on make up I just want to pick one already..LOL

I have nothing to fall back on, oh well I'm not wearing makeup these days anyway so it'd only be a waste to buy more makeup and have it just sit around and gather dust.

Clinique Clarifying Makeup Clear Skin Formula. Moderate coverage. Doesn't run or get nasty when it's hot and humid outside. I've actually been wearing when I'm exercising and afterwards the foundation still looked flawless. It claims to be sweat-proof and I was highly doubtful. But I'm impressed. And I'm a difficult foundation critic.

You should try it. I absolutely love it. It blends like a dream. I use it with a foundation brush or a damp makeup sponge. Most of the time, I like using the damp makeup sponge. It is phenomenal.

Revlon Colorstay

Loreal Infallible

Covergil trublend powder foundation

Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid

Maybelline pure and dream matte mousse (so I hear about those two, yet to try them myself :) )

Clinique Clarifying Makeup Clear Skin Formula. Moderate coverage. Doesn't run or get nasty when it's hot and humid outside. I've actually been wearing when I'm exercising and afterwards the foundation still looked flawless. It claims to be sweat-proof and I was highly doubtful. But I'm impressed. And I'm a difficult foundation critic.

No break outs at all. I usually have a little bit of a break out when I change products, so I was expecting to break out, but never did. I have mild (sometimes moderate) acne, though clear now thanks to the DKR, and extremely oily skin. I use MAC Loose Blot Powder to set it. It is never cakey. I love it. And I'll probably never use another foundation again...unless it's discontined...and then I would have to kill someone. :naughty:

piggybacking off of clear's thread here:

has anyone tried that new maybelline foundation, the one that comes with a primer at the side?

(ill try to get a picture)

I've been trying out different drugstore foundations and online mineral makeups in an attempt to save money. I think I've spent more money than saved at this point. None of the drugstore foundations compare to Chanel's Teint Fluide Universal, the foundation I used to buy before I put myself on a per-week product budget. I'm such a junkie . . . always looking for the latest and greatest thing.

Anyway, the Chanel makeup is fantastic. Never broke me out. Matched my skin perfectly. Looked like nothing, but covered my spots. If you have $45 to spend on a tiny bottle of foundation, give it a try.

The drugstore brands I've tried and thought were okay (because they didn't break me out) were:

Cover Girl True Match . . . kept looking because the color match wasn't actually that good.

Physicians Mineral Wear . . . it's this thick liquid foundation that comes in a tube. Here's what it looks like: http://www.physiciansformula.com/detail_li...p;categorid=155. This is what I'm using now. I don't like how it blends. I have to work very hard to make it look natural. Since it's not causing any problems, however, I'll just keep using it until it's all gone.

I've been thinking of trying the Almay line. My problem is that my skin is often just a shade darker than the "medium" color of most drugstore makeups and too light for the "dark" colors. I think I may be doomed to spend the moolah on department store foundations.

Maybelline Superstay Silky - excellent coverage SPF12

Revlon Colorstay - good covereage SPF6

Both are good for oily skin and I haven't noticed any more breakouts than usual.

i'm using covergirl trublend liquid and i like it so far. it matches me pretty well. i still get oily, but i haven't found anything that has stopped that.

Right now I'm loving Almay Smart Shade....it's great for those who aren't looking for a whole lot of coverage. It had a beautiful afterfeel too........