Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R07

Sun tan question [Again]

I Know this topic has been posted a fair few times and so apologies but my queston is...

Just how good does a tan cover red marks? as im thnking of doing this until i save up enough money to have a copule of Laser treatments to finally try and erase there marks..

Thanks ppl

as long as your surrounding skin is red/tane

I did this method for a long time, now im fucked with the acne being red and normal skin is normal colored

works really well for me, seems like tanning is almost like a natural cover up. Although on marks that are more purple in color like that dark purple tanning won't do much for them, but if they are actually red or brown then tanning would be great. Especially seeing as tanning gives you that sun kissed look making everything blend.

All I know is I can't think of anyone I've ever seen who has a tan and highly visible acne/red marks. It's always the pale white motherfuckers (like me) who look like shit.

as long as your surrounding skin is red/tane

I did this method for a long time, now im fucked with the acne being red and normal skin is normal colored

works really well for me, seems like tanning is almost like a natural cover up. Although on marks that are more purple in color like that dark purple tanning won't do much for them, but if they are actually red or brown then tanning would be great. Especially seeing as tanning gives you that sun kissed look making everything blend.

How long did your tan last? because i want it done for now but only until i go through with the PPX laser treatment because you cant use laser on sun tanned skin can you?.

Tanning will Make your redmark practically unnoticable! ( depending how much expusure you take ) .... BUT your redmarkz are going to take FOREVER to fade once your tan goes away its a major downside...so take that into consideration

I Know this topic has been posted a fair few times and so apologies but my queston is...

Just how good does a tan cover red marks? as im thnking of doing this until i save up enough money to have a copule of Laser treatments to finally try and erase there marks..

Thanks ppl

Tanning will Make your redmark practically unnoticable! ( depending how much expusure you take ) .... BUT your redmarkz are going to take FOREVER to fade once your tan goes away its a major downside...so take that into consideration

If you have to have a quick fix, then go for it. But your skin will be damaged and discolored from the sun when you get older, even if you do not burn.

I would rather be patient and use sunscreen and AHA and let them fade in a few months and have good skin for life than have a blotchy sundamaged prematurely aged skin a few years from now.

It is hard to see this when you are 16 years old, but I know plenty of 25 year olds who have the freckly, lined, bumpy, uneven skin of someone 10 years older from tanning. Not cute.

wut about tanning lotion? would that cause acne?

i was wondering the same thing. the ones that build a gradual tan made specially for the face - Jergens, Olay, Neutrogena etc?

wut about tanning lotion? would that cause acne?

i was wondering the same thing. the ones that build a gradual tan made specially for the face - Jergens, Olay, Neutrogena etc?

If you have to have a quick fix, then go for it. But your skin will be damaged and discolored from the sun when you get older, even if you do not burn.

I would rather be patient and use sunscreen and AHA and let them fade in a few months and have good skin for life than have a blotchy sundamaged prematurely aged skin a few years from now.

It is hard to see this when you are 16 years old, but I know plenty of 25 year olds who have the freckly, lined, bumpy, uneven skin of someone 10 years older from tanning. Not cute.