Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abetterme

Japanese Hair Straightening/Thermal reconditioning

Is this OK to do while on Accutane? I've read accutane can effect your hair. I started Acc. today, and my appt for the hair thingy is April 28th. I've been looking forward to that almost as much as tane! Hope I can still do it

I don't really know what japanese hair straightening is, but it's probably fine. Accutane just makes you lose a bit of hair, I barely even notice it. It's just when you wash your hair a few more hairs seems to come out that usual, it's nothing major. For me at least anyway.

Early in the course i'd say go for it. Later in the course when your scalp is drier you should probably leave the decision up to the stylist who can determine if it's strong enough for straightening, and you probably want to go in for a patch test since Accutane can make you sensitive to stuff that you can normally tolerate.

obviously, everyone is different, etc., but fyi, i had it done about 2 months into my course, and didn't have any problems. oh, and i love it!

obviously, everyone is different, etc., but fyi, i had it done about 2 months into my course, and didn't have any problems. oh, and i love it!

Well Dolph, you're also a boy so I don't believe it's quite as big a deal. I live on a tiny, very hot island and have such thick curly hair that when I walk outside I look like a poodle. I promise, it's no fun.

Well Dolph, you're also a boy so I don't believe it's quite as big a deal. I live on a tiny, very hot island and have such thick curly hair that when I walk outside I look like a poodle. I promise, it's no fun.

its perfectly fine. go to peter louis salon in NYC

thts where i got mine done. ask for meira. she's amazing. i love my hair now. has really changed my life. japanese straightening is truly a miracle.. its like ure wearing someone elses hair.. someone with perfectly straight.. smooth soft silky hair.. dream come true :D

haha really funny bc i was planning on getting mine done today =) i get it japanese straightened every 6 months & im finishing accutane in a few days but i really don't think it should affect anything

can i just tell u guys that not only is this process the shit and practically saved my life.. but ure hair looks awesome if u use a curling iron on it after its already japanese straightened. looks 10 times better than naturally curly hair.. and less frizzy. no gel so perfect.!! i cant ge tover it

Wow! I never expected to see a topic on this...Eventually I'd like to get this done to my hair! :] As for now I just get it relaxed...its amazing how much straighter it is now! I can straighten it quite easily :D. I couldnt do that before...My hair is too darn curly. ANyways, im taking accutane as well..but I wont get this done until a couple of years from now. Good luck with yours :]