Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

B5 has pretty much cleared up my skin. I've been on it for about 4 months now and reduced my intake to 4/4/5 pills a day. Would it be ok to stop now? I still get kinda oily but no pimples. Any information on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Prtyblueyes,

How much is 4/4/5 pill per day? Do you mean 4 to 5 pill per day? I just started my son on B5 and I was unaware you could or should take that many pills a day. Along with B5 he is also taking Zinc, C, and a multi vitamin. Did your doctor put you on that much or the person at the health food store? Is this the only vitamin you are taking or are you taking a comb of vitamins? Sorry about all the questions I am just curious as to whether I should increase the B5 for him. Thank you in advance for your kind reply. Linny

10 grams a day buddy, same as the study. cleared me up completely. B5 doesnt work for everybody, basically if your son has very oily skin like mine it will help. I took 6(500mg) after breakfast 6 after lunch and 7 after dinner. Best acne treatment there is on the market if you ask me, if it works for you that is. I would take a multivit. as well.

Your son is probaly on too much zinc, the body can only handle so much zinc before it starts damaging the skin instead of helping.

Yeah, starting at ten grams would probably bea good idea. Same amount used in the study. B5 works for pretty well, although I take more than 10G. To the OP, whenever I stop, I start to break out again, in full effect. Did you taper down to where your at?

Prtyblueyes,

Thank you for your response. I will up his B5. However, Zinc is not his problem since he has only had one capsule to date. He just started two days ago on Zinc, B5, multi vit., and C and he skipped out today without remembering to take them. He has to get used to the routine yet. Thanks again, Linny

prtyblueyes B5 like any other drug only works while you take it. If it cleared you up you will have to keep taking it to stay clear. There may be a point in your life wghere your acne will go away or there may not. If it does not just go iaway by itself, then that would mean to stay clear you will need to take b5 for the rest of your life in smaller doses the 10g's a day of course.