Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barnabas

Acid Egg Mask

Hey, guys. I just thought I'd share this mask with you guys because it works great for me. I only do natural skincare for my face (with the exception of Godiva cream) so I'm constantly mixing up new treatments to use and this is my latest concoction. If you like egg white masks, you will looove this. Your skin will look awesome after rinsing this off and after a good night's sleep, you will notice a difference in your overall skintone in the morning (note: results will vary depending on your skin and the severity of your red marks). Here's what you need:

1 tablespoon egg whites

9 drops of lemon juice

6-7 aspirins

Honey

Beat the egg white and lemon juice until they're nicely combined. Crush the aspirin and add to egg whites. Beat again. Squirt a small amount of honey into the mixture (1/2-1 teaspoon is good). Beat again. Done.

After cleansing, apply this evenly throughout your face. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then rinse off with cool water. Follow it up with your moisturizer if you use one.

I suggest only doing this once or twice a week--if you do it more than that, your skin builds a tolerance to the egg and aspirin and it will become less effective.

I hope you guys enjoy this mask.

about the egg white thing how do you get it? do you just break open an egg and whip it? or do you use liquid egg white such as papetti's liquid egg whites

Mandy's correct. Plus, fresh is better. Don't use prepackaged egg whites on your face... they most likely contain preservatives and other junk that are not appropriate for skincare.

i think im going to give this a go when i get the chance to visit the grocery store i mean like how much would 1 egg white last me? 1-3 days? and thank you for sharing this!

You're welcome! And to answer your question, the egg white from one egg lasts me about three applications. I keep the leftovers in one of those plastic gladwear containers in the fridge. :cool: