Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bballplayer05

Difficulty getting Tane

I have asked my derm twice about accutane and he doesn't think that I need it. My acne is moderate, with about 15 active pimples at any one point, however usually four or five are cystic so my face looks quite awful. What are the likelihood another derm will give me the prescription? I have been through everything else so I don't know what else to do. I'm 19 and have been suffering ever since junior high. If you really want it do most derms give it to you are most a stickler like mine?

Thanks for any help..

Brad

i don't understand why he won't give it to you. i think most derms would.

If your acne is like you say it is, there's a good chance another derm will give it to you. Some derms do not like to give it out because of the ipledge hassle.

I'm moving this to the Accutane forum because this is an Accutane-specific question.

What other treatments have you been on? If you just started a different treatment I would give it time to work. It sounds like you have cystic acne though, so I don't see why he wouldn't go through with it, but they always have their reasons. I would definitely tell him you want a second opinion.