Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A-Shizzle

My very delayed Log - I have clear skin now!

Hi Ami,

I have just joined here and went through the whole thread that you started. I am a guy so a part of your regimen won't apply to me. I have oily skin on nose and forehead. For the clogged pores can you please help me with where to find GC from and if you use it specifically for clogged pores only. Or is it the combination of MaMa, BHA and GC that you use for it? Do you wash off BHA after 30 minutes before applying MaMa or GC coz on the website (cosmeticville.com) it says not to use MaMa onder or over BPO, Retinol or AHA. Is BHA any different from AHA in terms of what it does to skin? You are using the liquid BHA now...do you know if that would be better for Oily skin?

Thanks a lot

Arora

hello there Arora -

you can find GC at http://www.amazon.com or http://www.dermstore.com.

I use it all over my face/neck every other day or every two days. I've found that level 6 makes my skin really oily and when I use level 3 it's not as oily..so I'll probably stick with the 3 from now on. I use the combination of the three to keep my skin under control. Along with the borage oil/lecithin..I feel those are very important also. I apply the BHA liquid then wait about 20-30 minutes then either apply the MMA or Green cream on top of it. I do not use all three products in the same day..only 2 products on any given day.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=159

^^ that will explain the difference between BHA and AHA better than I ever could!

I have very dry skin and even with my skin the lotion made it like an oil slick so yes, I think the liquid would be best for oily skin. You can get samples at

http://www.paulaschoice.com

I hope I answered all your questions and if not let me know.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update - I still have a bit of the BHA lotion left so what I'm doing now is using the BHA lotion at night and the liquid during the day. I think the liquid 2x a day is just too drying for my skin..and when my skin is that dry I can't wear my mositurizer/mmu combo because my skin flakes!

I have a few clogged pores around my nose but my forehead looks great so I'm pretty pleased.

Soooo I went away to Miami and drank..A LOT. My skin is now paying for it..I look awful and I've got 3 small pimples. Two on my chin and one by my nose..my skin looks all dry and uneven. I never drink like that so I assume it's playing a major role in my skin looking funky.

I will say that my skin has adjusted to the BHA liquid - as long as I use it only once a day. I use to lotion in the AM and the liquid in the PM. I'll update once I get all this alcohol out my my system.

Hi Ami,

I want to try your regimen, but got a question... Have you ever had any trouble with eczema? Every topical seems to give me eczema (tea tree oil, GC, BP, etc.).

It's so frustrating because when I get the acne under control, I get eczema. and when I get the eczema under control, I get acne!

Any advice?

I'm definitely going to try your tea suggestion (although I get sick of drinking tea as well). Maybe Dong Quai supplements? Have you ever tried those?

Thanks!

^^hello whatamess, I'm sorry but I've never had a problem with eczema so I have no idea what to tell you. :(

I've never seen DQ supplements..but that's something I should look into.

Hi Ami! I havent seen you on the boards lately. I hope you are doing well. I have a quick question for ya. I know you started alot of your products about the same time but if you had to pick one that has made the biggest difference in your hormonal acne, what would it be? The DKR regimen has helped tame down the monthly breakouts but I still get them. They just arent as severe or last as long. Ideally I would like to eliminate them all together. Any help would be appreciated. Lorrie

Hi Ami,

Thanks for all the information. I have started with the Liquid BHA from Paula. I have a few ...5-7 pimples, most of them on my temples. Some of them seem to subside but I keep getting 1-2 every other day ...so overall they are adding up. Anyways last night I applied lots of BPO (from Dan's regimen) on these spots. After washing my face with Biore pore unclogging scrub and then applying the Paula's 2%BHA liquid and then moisturizing with Complex 15 face cream ..at the end after like 5-10 minutes of moisturizing I applied the BPO..and in the morning the spots were more irritated (at least looked very red..if not painful). Did I do too much...should I be using BPO with these other products. I noticed redness in areas where there were no REAL spots until last night but I still applied BPO there and now it is little irritated in those regions and look like little spots. Please advise if there is something I can fix in this PM regimen to make it work better.

Thanks,

Arora

Hi Ami! I havent seen you on the boards lately. I hope you are doing well. I have a quick question for ya. I know you started alot of your products about the same time but if you had to pick one that has made the biggest difference in your hormonal acne, what would it be? The DKR regimen has helped tame down the monthly breakouts but I still get them. They just arent as severe or last as long. Ideally I would like to eliminate them all together. Any help would be appreciated. Lorrie

Hey Lorrie!

Been busy here..kids out for summer..you know how that goes.

Humm, any one product - I guess I would have to say the Aleve oddly enough. There's been a few times over the past several months when I forget to take it and BAM pimples. If I rememeber to take it all during ovulation week and about 4 days before the start of my period then I stay clear. I would have to say that mandalic acid comes in second and green cream helped to fade my red marks a lot. I like PC for the clearning pores aspect.

I've almost totally stopped drinking tea and I forget my borage oil on occasion.

Hi Ami,

Thanks for all the information. I have started with the Liquid BHA from Paula. I have a few ...5-7 pimples, most of them on my temples. Some of them seem to subside but I keep getting 1-2 every other day ...so overall they are adding up. Anyways last night I applied lots of BPO (from Dan's regimen) on these spots. After washing my face with Biore pore unclogging scrub and then applying the Paula's 2%BHA liquid and then moisturizing with Complex 15 face cream ..at the end after like 5-10 minutes of moisturizing I applied the BPO..and in the morning the spots were more irritated (at least looked very red..if not painful). Did I do too much...should I be using BPO with these other products. I noticed redness in areas where there were no REAL spots until last night but I still applied BPO there and now it is little irritated in those regions and look like little spots. Please advise if there is something I can fix in this PM regimen to make it work better.

Thanks,

Arora

I'm allergic to BP so I never ever use the stuff! It does seem like you did an awful lot to your face at once though.

Any time I've tried BP I get rashy/peeling/itchy skin..so I figure I'm allergic.

Your PM routine minue the BP sounds a lot like mine..just like mine really except I don't always moisturize at night.

Have you had problems with BP in the past?

Thanks Ami! I hope you dont mind but I am gonna hijack your log for a minute to pass on some info to Arora.

Hi Arora! I use the BHA also with BP and I wanted to tell you that when I first started using them together I made the mistake of jumping in feet first and got the same results as you. My skin was irritated and burned like hell. The way I solved that problem was this. First I washed and then patted dry (not rub). I waited a few minutes (since you are using a scrub you may want to wait 5-10 minutes) and then applied the BHA. I waited 15 minutes and then applied the BP. Then I waited another 15-30 minutes and applied the moisturizer. Gradually I decreased the amount of wait time between the BHA and BP until I was finally able to apply them one after the other. The BHA is supposed to help the BP absorb deeper into your pores so you want to apply them in the order that I described above. Some people can not tolerate the BHA. If you still have problems you may want to consider trying Paula's Choice AHA Gel. AHA is better tolerated by most.

Also I wanted to tell you that using the Complex 15 moisturizer probably isnt a good idea if you are using BHA and BP also. I beleive Complex 15 has AHA in it so you are using AHA, BHA and BP all together. That is alot of chemicals and will most likely irritate your skin. Try finding another moisturizer for the time being. Cetaphil is very mild and inexpensive. Thats what I use. I have found that it doesnt do well in the hot humid Michigan weather though so I only use it at night now. I have to add that the BHA and BP will make your skin ultra sensitive to sunlight and you will burn alot quicker so if you spend any amount of time outside please find a good sunblock to wear during the day. I hope this was of some help to you.

Sorry Ami! I hate seeing someone suffer from the same mistakes I made and I just wanted to save Arora some aggravation and heart ache. Lorrie

No problem Lorrie..since I have had horrible expeiences with BP I don't mind someone who actually uses it to pass on info.

Hi Ami and Lorrie,

Thank you so much both of you. Ami ...I have never had bad reaction to BP ..indeed it has saved me everytime but ofcourse I think I did too much by applying so many products without much wait time in-between.

Lorrie... I really appreciate your advice. I think I will stay away from BP for a few days and see if things get better..and if they do ..then I might not even need BP. I started using Ami's protocol because of the clogged pores which I started noticing from last month. I got these skin colored bumps last year same time and had a really bad year which left me with scars. I am just trying to get rid of these bumps without getting them infected this time.

Thanks again for all the help.

Arora

Ami,

Where can I buy the yogi hormonal balance tea?

Thanks

I was curious myself so I looked it up:

http://www.yogitea.com/WhereToBuy/WhereToBuy.asp

There's a tab there for ordering online, too.

Ami: Great log, thank you for showing us what you do. I will be incorporating Green Cream into my mix starting tonight.

Thanks for the link Wynne! There's a store not far away from my house :)

Ami,

Where can I buy the yogi hormonal balance tea?

Thanks

I was curious myself so I looked it up:

http://www.yogitea.com/WhereToBuy/WhereToBuy.asp

There's a tab there for ordering online, too.

Ami: Great log, thank you for showing us what you do. I will be incorporating Green Cream into my mix starting tonight.

Thanks..I just want to help other people in my situation to get clear skin..having no self esteem because of pimples is a real bummer. :|

If you don't want to order it online all Whole Foods carry it. Sadly I just moved and I don;t have one by me so I'll have to start ordering it.

I'm feeling brave. This is my skin in natural sunlight with no makeup/or image touchups.

You can see how great my skin looks..minus the horrid insomnia eyebags.

I just wanted you guys to see how my regimen is working for me.

Link

I don't know how long this will stay here..lol.

June 22nd. Pic gone now.

I'm feeling brave. This is my skin in natural sunlight with no makeup/or image touchups.

You can see how great my skin looks..minus the horrid insomnia eyebags.

I just wanted you guys to see how my regimen is working for me.

Link

I don't know how long this will stay here..lol.

Wow! You're beautiful and your skin is fantastic!

I'm definitely adding Green Cream tonight, and I'm ordering Paula's Choice BHA liquid. :P I have the level 6 and level 9 GC. I'm using the 6 up first. I used to be on Retin A 0.5% and loved how it worked on my skin so I'm confident that GC level 6 will be okay for me.

Ami, you give me hope that one day my skin will look just as flawless as yours :)

I was alternating MaMa and Green Cream every night like you but my skin became irritated. I guess my skin couldn't tolerate both so I think I will add the GC again every night and just do MaMa once in a while. For now i'm just using Aloe Vera after washing my face until my skin heals.

I will be adding the yogi tea to my regimen soon. Hopefully, it will help with the menstrual breakout (atleast).

Hi Ami! I am back again with another question for you. I am trying to figure out if its my ovulation or my actual cycle that is causing my breakouts. I tried using an ovulation calender that I found online but since my cycles are so irregular (21 days one month and 28 the next) I am finding it impossible to use the calender. My question is how can I know that I am ovulating without the use of a calender? What signs or symptoms can I look for? I am totally ignorant when it comes to this. I have never tracked my periods because they are so irregular and I just look for the usual signs (headaches, fatigue, mood swings) that my cycle is about to begin. Any suggestions for me? Thanks bunches! Lorrie

I use a calander method. Mine is between 21-28 as well BUT I get cramps and I can feel it when I'm ovulating. Always has been a pain in the butt but it serves me well now. Ovulation usually occurs 14-17 days after the first day of your period..maybe you can try to keep track that way.

Thanks anyways Ami! I was told by a friend the same thing about ovulation starting about 14 days after the first day of your last period. But when I tried to figure it out on this online calendar they have it starting 6 days after the first day if I use the 21 day cycle to calculate it and 10 days if I use the 28 day cycle. This is all very confusing. At this rate I will be taking Aleve 3 weeks out of the month. Ugh! I dont want stomach ulcers from taking Aleve so often. I just dont know what to do. I will be so happy when I finally hit menopause. My period is so bad this month I had to cancel an appt and call off work today. :evil: My boys are 16 and 18 and I have no intentions of having any more children. I wish I could just have my plumbing yanked out and be over it. Lorrie

Thanks anyways Ami! I was told by a friend the same thing about ovulation starting about 14 days after the first day of your last period. But when I tried to figure it out on this online calendar they have it starting 6 days after the first day if I use the 21 day cycle to calculate it and 10 days if I use the 28 day cycle. This is all very confusing. At this rate I will be taking Aleve 3 weeks out of the month. Ugh! I dont want stomach ulcers from taking Aleve so often. I just dont know what to do. I will be so happy when I finally hit menopause. My period is so bad this month I had to cancel an appt and call off work today. :evil: My boys are 16 and 18 and I have no intentions of having any more children. I wish I could just have my plumbing yanked out and be over it. Lorrie

sorry I couldn't be of more help. If I couldn't feel mine then I would be in the same boat.

:|

so I have a cold which I'm sure has nothing to do with my face..but yesterday after a nap I got up and noticed two small hard/painful bumps on the right side of my chin. Today they are bigger and hurt a bit more. I will say that while I've been sick the last couple of days I've been horrible about washing my face.

I dabbed some MA on them and am just hoping they'll go away. I'll probably have a couple new red marks because these kinds of pimples always give them to me.

It could always be worse though.

Other than that my skin looks good..

:|:|

fecking hell.

So the nodules/cysts got bigger yesterday. I BHA and MA'd the hell out of them and when I woke up this morning they are a lot smaller but painful.

I have no idea why I got this..they came when I got sick..pimples from a cold? I dunno.

I just hope they don't leave red marks.

I know it's only 2 spots but I've gone a good...6 months with not a single cyst/nodule so of course I'm a little bummed out.

So about 5 am my chin was throbbing! i was so afraid to look in the mirror and when I did my 2 pimples + 1 more that formed were all swollen. :|

I popped an aleve in my mouth and now at 9am they are pretty small again.

NO MORE ALCOHOL!!!!!