Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CherryBunny3

clean and clear blotting sheets

i've always felt that all blotter sheets do that to an extent. but in my experience, the flimsier the sheet (i.e. my Boscia sheets), the less likely it is to do that. Mary Kay sheets, which are made of linen, and firmer, do this a little more.

also Clean'n'Clear might do it more just b/c it's a plastic and not paper... so the makeup sticks?

you can also experiment with different pressure when "pressing"... but ultimately you kind of do have to press to get all the gunk off. :shrug:

I'm not crazy about the clean & clear blotting sheets. Mostly cuz they are so small (it takes like 4 to adequately blot my face) & I dont like any papers that have powder. I'm just using plain tissue lately & blot really lightly.

Does anyone know of any blotting sheets that are large?

I'm not crazy about the clean & clear blotting sheets. Mostly cuz they are so small (it takes like 4 to adequately blot my face) & I dont like any papers that have powder.

i hate my clean and clear ones :mad:

but i ordered the e.l.f ones from AN so i shall be waiting for them. hope i like em :pray:

I didn't like the clean and clear sheets or the e.l.f ones from AN... I really like the Mary Kay's too because the sheet is large enough for my entire face :D ...and although all the sheets look nasty after use, it just doesn't leave it extremely nasty shiny like on the plastic sheets.

I think removing some makeup is inevitable no matter how gentle you are because I find the sheets are always tinted with my foundation color afterwards.

I didn't like the clean and clear sheets or the e.l.f ones from AN... I really like the Mary Kay's too because the sheet is large enough for my entire face :D ...and although all the sheets look nasty after use, it just doesn't leave it extremely nasty shiny like on the plastic sheets.

I think removing some makeup is inevitable no matter how gentle you are because I find the sheets are always tinted with my foundation color afterwards.

yeah thats true. i wanted to get more of Mary Kays but since these were only $1 I thought I would try them. Dont you have to go through a representative for Mary Kay?? I went to one of their prom/wedding party things and thats how I got the blotting sheets.

i use the clean n clear sheets religiously...it does not fuck with my makeup whatsoever....u guys are probably wiping rather than "blotting"

i use the clean n clear sheets religiously...it does not fuck with my makeup whatsoever....u guys are probably wiping rather than "blotting"

ya but the thing is when you have one of those ladies come to your house they will try to get you to buy more stuff. I know how it works.. :lol: i think my moms friend is one so maybe I will have my mom talk to her or something. But i want to see if I like the AN ones. one thing i didnt like about the mary kay ones were that I always pulled more than one sheet out at a time. it was annoying. :mad:

ya but the thing is when you have one of those ladies come to your house they will try to get you to buy more stuff. I know how it works.. :lol: i think my moms friend is one so maybe I will have my mom talk to her or something. But i want to see if I like the AN ones. one thing i didnt like about the mary kay ones were that I always pulled more than one sheet out at a time. it was annoying. :mad:

:lol: cleardream you crack me up. have you ever used their liquid foundation? i used it acouple years ago and I really liked it..the bad thing was that it broke me out everytime I used it :mad: I was looking through all my old makeup stuff and found some Mary Kay Oil Controlling Gel stuff. I wonder if its any good? I dont remember even trying it.

well, it's the truth! :D and i'd rather just tell her up front to spare us both the time/grief of a failed sales pitch. and i dont see why her rudeness is necessary... what is wrong with some salespeople?! i mean, if she's gonna be like that, i'd be more likely to buy my sheets from a different rep the next time, rather than deal with her. because that brief little interaction made me uncomfortable enough that i'd rather take my business elsewhere. some people really have no clue how to run a business & keep loyal customers.

no... never have tried their foundation. actually the first time i bought the blotter sheets, i bought them from a co-worker, and she did give me a bunch of samples (including that + some powders)... but i never bothered to try them. i dunno why. and then i recently found them after like 3 years, and figured they were too old by now, and threw them out. :lol::doh:

yeah some people can be real rude. i hate going to a store and have the cashier be a total asshole. im at cashier and I always smile at people and say hello and thanks and talk to them..but then theres some people that come to the counter and dont say a thing! it makes me real mad. they can at least say hi when i say hi. but oh well. but ... there makeup is kinda expensive last time i checked

yeah some people can be real rude. i hate going to a store and have the cashier be a total asshole. im at cashier and I always smile at people and say hello and thanks and talk to them..but then theres some people that come to the counter and dont say a thing! it makes me real mad. they can at least say hi when i say hi. but oh well. but ... there makeup is kinda expensive last time i checked