Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caterpillar2

Do severely chapped, peeling and peeled lips scar?

Hi Fellow Accutaners!

Even on a very low dose course of Accutane my lips are so dry - sore and peeling. I need to apply balm every 20 mins or so, but I get really tempted to pull at the lose peely bits of skin. My lips have sore bright red patches and look bitten. Does anyone know if peeling lips when they are like this and over a long period of time leads to permanent damage? I am on Accutane for 1 year and I don't want to ruin my lips with picking! Any feedback welcome! thanks.

Hi Fellow Accutaners!

Even on a very low dose course of Accutane my lips are so dry - sore and peeling. I need to apply balm every 20 mins or so, but I get really tempted to pull at the lose peely bits of skin. My lips have sore bright red patches and look bitten. Does anyone know if peeling lips when they are like this and over a long period of time leads to permanent damage? I am on Accutane for 1 year and I don't want to ruin my lips with picking! Any feedback welcome! thanks.

I was worried about that as well when I was on tane. My lips were pretty bad. They actually bled from time to time. Now, 7 months later...no scarring! Stop trying to peel the skin tho, it just makes it worse...and more painful!

I have the same ting...and I peel them. No scars so far. Yes, your lips can scar, but not from the peeling, I don't think. but let's say you sliced one open with a knife, you would have a scar, especially if you needed stitches.

Just stop picking! Use vaseline and night and aquaphor or Dr. Dan's cortibalm during the day... if you're not picking there's little to no chance of scarring the lips.