Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It seems like there are some ppl on this forum who say as if fish oil is the miracle cure for acne. But, in my experience, it only broke me out badly. My skin would get more and more oily and get all the pimples where I usually never get. I know that fish oil is proven to be fairly beneficial to general health but no acne. If you have really oily skin and if it's causing you acne, don't ever try fish oil. I wouldn't blame a brand because I've tried some different brand and got the same results all the time.

Just so you know that there are some whose acne gets worse by taking fish oil.

It seems like there are some ppl on this forum who says as if fish oil is the miracle cure for acne. But, in my experience, it only broke me out badly. My skin would get more and more oily and get all the pimples where I usually never get. I know that fish oil is proven to be fairly beneficial to general health but no acne. If you have really oily skin and if it's causing you acne, don't ever try fish oil. I wouldn't blame a brand because I've tried some different brand and got the same results all the time.

Don't tell people not to use it just because it doesn't work for you, because it does work for a lot of other people!

It works well for me and I have combination skin. Just because it didnt work for you doesnt mean you should tell EVERYONE not to use it =/

There's so many brands of fish oil. Some use a mixture of several oils that slowly make their way to stores. Fish oil becomes rancid very easily.

I'd suggest researching a better brand. I highly doubt you're allergic to DHA and EPA. Because that would be like being allergic to oxygen.

I'd like to point out that it is by no means "miracle cure for acne." It might help, emphasis on might. It's good for you, but it alone doesn't clear up many people's acne.

It seems like there are some ppl on this forum who says as if fish oil is the miracle cure for acne. But, in my experience, it only broke me out badly. My skin would get more and more oily and get all the pimples where I usually never get. I know that fish oil is proven to be fairly beneficial to general health but no acne. If you have really oily skin and if it's causing you acne, don't ever try fish oil. I wouldn't blame a brand because I've tried some different brand and got the same results all the time.

1) before you started taking fish oil, how bad was acne

2) how much fish oil did you take

3) what was your omega 3 to 6 ratio

4) how long did you take it for

5) what's your washing regimen like

6) did you exfoliate daily?

7) and what's your diet like

Again, there are many factors relating to it, taking a little bit and then expecting miracles just won't happen. You have to be smart about it, how much to take, what it does, what to expect, and then wait in time and make sure everything else in your regimen is fine.

Also, acne gets progressively less severe, and less in quantity over time. It doesn't stop all at once, so if you got a break out after taking it, then the correlation is invalid, you're still going to break out, but it takes time for your body to start using it. So again, if you haven't done it precisely for at least 3 to 4 weeks, then it really isn't the reason why you broke out at all.

But if after 4 weeks you say that you actually had way more acne than before, then you may have a point.

But just remember one thing, it's not a cure for acne, it's a cure for the imbalance in your body that leads to the improper functioning of your skin and sebatious glands. All this in return is the emphasis on the prevention of acne all together.

i've been taking fish oil for years, before i even had acne. it has never made any difference in my skin.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, doubt it was from the fish oil. You probably only used it for a couple days or weren't using enough and got a normal breakout and blamed it on that.

Caveat emptor just goes without saying.

personally my face didnt really dry out until i upped my dose to 20 pills.

i suspect my ratio of omega 6:3 to be around 1:2. for the last ten days.

Fish oil is hard to store, ive noticed that from bottle to bottle my results are different, try to get a brand that has vitamin e in it, this will help preserve it.

but thats just my opinion.

or eat canned salmon instead.

:angel: All oils are not created equal. Some are good for your skin and body. Some are even non- comedegenic.

I cant use the fish oil because it makes me "burp" (excuse me) a tuna like taste awful bad. I take a combo of Flax and CLA. CLA is great (for me) it helps with our natural fat metabolism as well.

:angel:

Just want to buzz in here. Fish oil has also caused my skin to breakout really bad- and i really don't have problem skin these days. My research on the subject has led me to believe that because fish oil causes the body to liberate fat stores really well, if you have fatty oxidation problems (ie, the process your body uses to force fats into mitochondria), fish oil may cause breakouts. I'm not saying you should stop taking omega 3s- because you need them- but everyone needs to optimize fat oxidation in their bodies.

Like i've always said - acne and breakouts are mostly a fatty oxidation problem with many people.

TRY CARNITINE SUPPLEMENTS- they work miracles.

Just want to buzz in here. Fish oil has also caused my skin to breakout really bad- and i really don't have problem skin these days. My research on the subject has led me to believe that because fish oil causes the body to liberate fat stores really well, if you have fatty oxidation problems (ie, the process your body uses to force fats into mitochondria), fish oil may cause breakouts. I'm not saying you should stop taking omega 3s- because you need them- but everyone needs to optimize fat oxidation in their bodies.

Like i've always said - acne and breakouts are mostly a fatty oxidation problem with many people.

TRY CARNITINE SUPPLEMENTS- they work miracles.

OMG, I only tried to warn those who believe in fish oil as a miracle cure for acne, and you're tearing me apart.

Are all you repliers here life-less losers with pimples?

If you got clear from fish oil, why bother coming here? There are tones of reports that say they got worse acne after taking fish oil, so stfu.

fish oil makes my skin worse too, so i don't take it. it did stop me from getting blood noses on roaccutane. i'm pretty sure it makes me oilier.

OMG, I only tried to warn those who believe in fish oil as a miracle cure for acne, and you're tearing me apart.

Are all you repliers here life-less losers with pimples?

If you got clear from fish oil, why bother coming here? There are tones of reports that say they got worse acne after taking fish oil, so stfu.

MOD EDITED, QUOTE REMOVED

Please answer the questions on the following post

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=1748476

1) before you started taking fish oil, how bad was acne

2) how much fish oil did you take

3) what was your omega 3 to 6 ratio

4) how long did you take it for

5) what's your washing regimen like

6) did you exfoliate daily?

7) and what's your diet like

MOD EDITED, QUOTE REMOVED

The problem is that you are telling ALL people not to take fish oil because it made YOU break out. How much sense does that make? Benzoyl peroxide made my skin worse but I don't go about yelling at everyone in these forums to cease their usage based on MY experience.

And as far as just taking fish oil, there is more to it than that. Many people are using fish oil within dietary guidelines striving to achieve a 1:1 ratio of o3 to o6.

I doubt it was the fish oil. How can you prove it?

Just FYI for those posting in this thread, if it turns into a bickering thread it will be closed. Several comments have been removed because they were inflammatory and rude. What works for one will not work for all, and that is the point the members have been trying to make. Please keep that in mind while discussing this particular product. Thanks!

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, doubt it was from the fish oil. You probably only used it for a couple days or weren't using enough and got a normal breakout and blamed it on that.

Anyone care listing what dosages you were at?

Third time I ask this question...