Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm thinking I should start seeing a derm, been wanting to for awhile but the money for it has been tied up with school and living expenses, managed to save a bit now but don't want to walk in to someone. So, how do I go about looking up or doing some researching into getting a good dermatologist?

Did you guys bother to lookup anyone or ask around? I don't want to make an appointment then do all the paperwork just to get a chance to feel them out, hoping there would be some resource out there that might rate them or something, a long shot I know.

Thanks.

My primary care physician referred me to my dermatologist

Exactly what she said, go to your doctor and she/he will likely refer you to one. I don't know your area well but you could look online for other dermatoligists in your area.

I'm thinking I should start seeing a derm, been wanting to for awhile but the money for it has been tied up with school and living expenses, managed to save a bit now but don't want to walk in to someone. So, how do I go about looking up or doing some researching into getting a good dermatologist?

Did you guys bother to lookup anyone or ask around? I don't want to make an appointment then do all the paperwork just to get a chance to feel them out, hoping there would be some resource out there that might rate them or something, a long shot I know.

Thanks.

Your school should provide some type of health insurance. My brother goes to UCLA and his insurance covers orthodontist, general doctor, optometrist, and dermatologist visits. It might depend on the school though, cuz ucla is like one of the top schools and everything.