Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
British Soldier

Does the regimen clear redmarks eventually?

I've been on the regimen for a while now and no longer have active acne but my cheeks are absolutely covered in redmarks, i don't want to stop the regimen because i know i will break out so if i continue will they eventually fade? It seems i've had some of them for over a year now! Do any long time users find that their redmarks faded over time just through continued use of the regime? Thanks for any help.

Yes, redmarks do eventually fade. I wouldn't say it's through the use of the regimen, because BP actually slows down the skin's ability to heal redmarks ( :( ), but they will go away with time. :)

Good luck!

Mmhm, exactly. :)

There are some techniques to speed up the healing. There's a forum for it here if you're interested.

I've tried loads of different things for them like acv, baking soda, aloe vera, just using water and although my marks fade a little my skin tends to get irritated far too easily so i decided to just stick with the basic regimen, i guess only time will tell whether these marks finally disappear, fingers crossed!

Yeah the moisturiser and bp i use have pretty high concentrations of lactic acid in them and i have found thme to help a little. So do any of you long time users have clear skin like you would see on any normal person? Because i feel my skin would look great if it wasn't for these damn marks plagueing my cheeks lol.

I concur with what the others have said. They will fade but it depends on many factors. You can try using an AHA lotion, this will exfoliate and may help them resolve quicker.

Also, another option is to see a dermatologist about doing a professional peel. But those should only be done when you are clear of active acne.

Excuse me ignorance, but what exactly is a peel and how does it work? Does it suddenly get rid of all the red marks? I'm thinking of doing this if it does, once a few more pimples disappear - mainly small ones.

I've been on the regimen for a while now and no longer have active acne but my cheeks are absolutely covered in redmarks, i don't want to stop the regimen because i know i will break out so if i continue will they eventually fade? It seems i've had some of them for over a year now! Do any long time users find that their redmarks faded over time just through continued use of the regime? Thanks for any help.

Anywhere between 4 and 6 months in my experience. Cystic marks are the worse they just stay there and linger

some marks do take longer than others. i have one that i badly irritated and acted stupidly with it and it just faded a few weeks completely, after about four and a half months. AHA can help with taht stuff, and get some of the quicker red marks to fade away completely very fast.