Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slafavers

I'm going to stick with it, but help dissuade my doubts...

I'm new to the regimen (and posting on here), but here goes...

I'm doing this after giving up on ProActiv -- I took accutane about 3 years ago and it cleared me up for a while, with mild acne to return. I've been on this for 2 1/2 weeks so far, and my complexion has improved. But several pimples are beginning to come to the surface -- they stay small, but they are primarily around my mouth (chin and lower cheeks). I assume this is normal at this stage, right? (and yes I have read the what to expect page at acne.org)

Plus I'm getting a bit oily in the T-Zone even though i find the purpose soap to be somewhat drying...I'm using Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15, does the Purpose or the Oil of Olay moisturizer work better w/oily-combo skin?

slafavers, alot of people here are sensitive to the purpose bar for that reason. I would recommend that you scout this forum for a new cleanser.

I have very oily skin and I use the Eucerin Renewel w/ SPF 15, I love the mosturizer. It works great to eliminate any dryness from the BP and it helps to keep the skin less oily.

Thanks for the advice...I posted something asking others what they use besides the purpose bar earlier, but no response.

I tried a Cetaphil combination when I first started the regimen nearly 3 weeks ago b/c I was travelling and it was all I brought with me -- Cetaphil's light cleanser in the morning and Cetaphil daily cleanser for normal to oily skin in the evening to get all of my makeup off. It worked well, wondering if I should go back to it?

The dryness I am experiencing with the Purpose soap could also be related to the slight increases I am making in BP usage -- is the wash by purpose less drying?

I started using the Renewal moisturizer last night -- it's fairly light as long as you use a small amount of it. I'll see how it works during the day today...