Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anon81

question about recommended dose

okay. i'm just starting month 3, and have been seeing very gradual improvement throughout, with a couple of small setbacks. first two months i was on 40mg, this month i'm on 60 mg. i'm not clear yet, although my pimples are smaller and weaker. i still have four of them, which has been more or less consistent throughout the course. the blackheads and sebum plugs are gone, the flakiness is under control. BUT. my body aches, my eyes are killing me (even when i don't wear contacts) and the fatigue is something else. five months is sounding like an eternity right about now. so here's my question. if my derm were to bump me up to 80 mg next month, (so it would be 40, 40, 60, 80) i would reach a cumulative dose of 126 mg/kg by the end of 4 months. frankly, i would rather suffer a little more for a shorter period of time than stretch it out. should i ask for this? or, since i'm still not clear, should i try to stay on longer? in other words, are there benefits of going above 125 mg/kg? thanks!

That's what I was wondering myself. Would it be better to get your desired cumulative dosage in in a shorter amount of time or span it out over a longer period of time?

Which one is more beneficial especially for a lower chance of relapse?

That's what I was wondering myself. Would it be better to get your desired cumulative dosage in in a shorter amount of time or span it out over a longer period of time?

Which one is more beneficial especially for a lower chance of relapse?

As i understand the data, the optimal range is between 120mg-150mg/kg and that there is no apparent value in exceeding 150mg/kg.

But since your side effects are already pretty intense i wouldn't recommend increasing the dose to get it over faster.

As i understand the data, the optimal range is between 120mg-150mg/kg and that there is no apparent value in exceeding 150mg/kg.

But since your side effects are already pretty intense i wouldn't recommend increasing the dose to get it over faster.

but do you think lets say taking a doese the amount of 2.0mg per kg of your weight for 6 months rather than taking a dose of 0.5 mg per kg of your weight for 24 months... would in anyway be beneficial?

I know youre going to bring up the 120 - 150 cumulative dose explanation, but what im trying to say is.... don't you think the higher dose in a shorter amount of time effects the sebaceous glands and hits them harder, which in return will keep them paralized longer or whatever you want to call it, basically harm them more, which helps your cause...

you get what im saying?

but do you think lets say taking a doese the amount of 2.0mg per kg of your weight for 6 months rather than taking a dose of 0.5 mg per kg of your weight for 24 months... would in anyway be beneficial?

I know youre going to bring up the 120 - 150 cumulative dose explanation, but what im trying to say is.... don't you think the higher dose in a shorter amount of time effects the sebaceous glands and hits them harder, which in return will keep them paralized longer or whatever you want to call it, basically harm them more, which helps your cause...

you get what im saying?

you get what im saying?

I was put on 80mg / day for 6 months.

hmm. I'm going to see the doc for the first time tomorrow (since i've started).. curious to see if she keeps me on this.

my mom did some research while visiting our family in Argentina, spoke w/ docs there..

they told her that this was first developed in Europe... and it's been used for yeaaaars and yeaaars,

basically, they said that it's very common, not to be worried, and to take as much as your body can handle.

so, my doc put me on 80, and minus the first intense week, i'm fine. i hurt, i'm achy, etc etc..

but nothing that i can't live with.

so, i say, go for the 80, get it over with ; ) you can always back down again if the side effects are too rough.

Good Luck!!!!!