Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetshotpfhs

So, My Derm Appt. Is Tomorrow...

What should I tell him? Should I get back on Accutane?

I'm currently applying Tazorac as a topical prescription and I'm currently taking Solodyn orally. I've been on both medications for about 2 months and I've seen a little improvement, but nothing drastic.

Heres some pics of my face. I took these after I cleansed, so you can still see some dry skin around my mouth. Accutane has been the only medication that has significantly helped clear me. Also, what are the most common side effects of accutane again? I just want to make sure that its the right decision.

As you can see, I mostly just have a lot of red marks.

post-54463-1173190583_thumb.jpg

post-54463-1173190588_thumb.jpg

post-54463-1173190583_thumb.jpg

post-54463-1173190588_thumb.jpg

I took these pics before I moisturized. I usually use Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 30.

If I go on accutane again, which dose should i go on and for how long?

I ask how long because the first time I went on Accutane, my derm didn't let me finish the full 2 month cycle, which is probably why my acne came back.

I ask how long because the first time I went on Accutane, my derm didn't let me finish the full 2 month cycle, which is probably why my acne came back.

didn't let you finish 2 months? a normal course is 5 months. you should get a new derm who knows what she's doing, you didn't get nearly enough accutane.

Thats what i thought it was, but I guess he thought my face healed enough in the month and a half I was on it. I'm telling him tomorrow that I want to do the full course.