Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Contented

What specific type of pimples are these and how do I get rid of them?

ytfo5.jpg

I was on accutane for about 6 months and now it has been about 4 months off tane. Ever since the very start of accutane, I've had these specific pimples and they won't diminish. Basically, I have some minor red marks and the pimples displayed in the picture. Aside from that, I'm more or less clear. But for some reason, these pimples just won't die, no matter how much time passes. I normally don't get pimples like this.

These pimples kind of blend in to the skin. They're not red, and they're not bumpy.

Now, any suggestions as to what I can do?

ytfo5.jpg

I was on accutane for about 6 months and now it has been about 4 months off tane. Ever since the very start of accutane, I've had these specific pimples and they won't diminish. Basically, I have some minor red marks and the pimples displayed in the picture. Aside from that, I'm more or less clear. But for some reason, these pimples just won't die, no matter how much time passes. I normally don't get pimples like this.

These pimples kind of blend in to the skin. They're not red, and they're not bumpy.

Now, any suggestions as to what I can do?

They look like clogged pore, comedones I believe they are called. (I have them and trust me they are tough to get rid of) Anyway I would try using Green Cream (type of retinol) to bring them to the skin surface and a latic/glycolic peel. You can order them from http://www.dianayvonne.com/ or http://www.lindasy.com/. Try also using a BHA, Paula's choice seems to be everyone's favourite http://www.cosmeticscop.com/default.asp. finally I would suggest reading LionQueen pinned thread in the mild to moderate acne forum (whiteheads/blackheads)

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I have Alpha Hydroxy Enhanced Lotion, which I used on my redmarks before I went on accutane. It contains 10% pure Glycolic-AHA. Do you think that would be good enough? Also, I've heard mixed reviews on products which have Glycolic, especially after accutane. Another thing: After accutane, I've been using munka honey for my face and it seems to be helping pretty well. I'm having doubts on alternating between a product with Glycolic and the honey. Somehow I don't think they will merge well. I'm riddled with doubt. And just wondering, Kitti, have you been on accutane? And did you use the products you suggested after the accutane course was finished?

Dear lord i have those too! The Accutane seems to have brought them up to the surface ... i'm post-1 month and still have them, seems you been off for 4 and they're still there so the only action is to follow what kitti said. She seems right on the money. Lactic acid is very mild, but it works. By the way that's a good picture to show what youre problem is. I too will be using my 10% glycolic acid. Better to treat and get rid of them now before they become inflamed. I really dont want to do another round of accutane.

I have those as well. And I've been considering trying a my 10% glycolic acid. I've read the theards which are posted in the mild/moderate section. Theyy suggest to use Paula's Choice, but it contains Sydloic Acid (sp?) and numerous times before I've had bad reactions to this. But they say this is different. Perhaps I'll try the glycolic acid and then if that fails, I'll try the one with the BHA.