Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oceanmist

EMU OIL & makeup... advice!

How thick is EMU oil?

My skin is dry dry dry. I use aloe vera and jojoba oil as a moisturizer (want to stay au natural), which is meh for my dry, flaky winter skin. my skin looks okay until i start putting on mineral makeup. then BAM! dry skin and flakes totallllly accentuated and by the end of the day it looks like crap.

i'm SO fustrated. jojoba oil is way to light as a moisturizer. i need something as thick as vaseline!! which works on my extremely dry eyelids that started burning cuz it was so dry! but i dare not put vaseline elsewhere)

I tried cetaphil cream. It was very thick and made my pores look huge, but ended up making my makeup look great. BUT..... it broke me out. blahhhhh~~

i really really want to stay all natural. please tell me if EMU OIL is thick enough to solve my problem!! otherwise i have to head to the natural skin care store downtown tomorrow and buy some expensive (but all natural) creams.... and i mean EXPENSIVE. =(

Emu oil isnt thich as vasline , at least thats what I think...I know vasline is more like a gel thingy , and emu oil well..its an oil..so it will be liquidy...cant really compare because i havent used any other oils..sorry

But Emu oil is a very good oil to use as moisturizer..it does make the skin alot softer , give it a try.

Emu oil isnt thich as vasline , at least thats what I think...I know vasline is more like a gel thingy , and emu oil well..its an oil..so it will be liquidy...cant really compare because i havent used any other oils..sorry

But Emu oil is a very good oil to use as moisturizer..it does make the skin alot softer , give it a try.

hmm.. compare emu oil.. to say like, olive oil (or any cooking oil). Is it thicker? Well, if you say it "isn't as thick as vaseline".. then it sounds thicker than jojoba at least...! Jojoba is very watery... like olive oil.

i will give it a try. but i am just SO SO tired of spending so much $$$ on skin/makeup products.... and never knowing what works! i swear i have spent thousands of dollars on my skin over the years..... le sigh.

Awww..i know how it is , but I guess its worth to try..coz everyone has different skin and we wont know until we actually try different things and who knows..you might find something sooner or later.., the most importantly is to find it so you can live happy =)

Oh and I do think its more thick than olive oil

From my personal experience i tried the emu oil under make up and it was just a little too oily for me, then again i did have oily skin.

I tried it both under mineral and under liquid and it just didnt work for me.

I used emu oil at night as a skin healer to calm inflamtion and red marks, also to heal any crusty pimples i used to get.

I have extremely dry skin and I prefer Emu oil to jojoba oil. It does seem a bit thicker. However I like it a lot. It's actually a great base before I apply my mineral make up. When I first started using Emu oil people commented that my skin looked like it was glowing. It really works well for me.

I need to get me some more of that stuff now that I think about it. lol...