Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dublin22

Microlaser Peel: Who has had it?

Hi, anyone who has had a microlaser peel, please let me know your experience. I have talked to one board member about it through PMs but wantto know other opinions before having it done soon.

Any information you think is important will be of great help. I would like to know how many microns you had done with your peel. And is it sciton or ebrium (or is this the same thing?)?

Thanks and have a nice day!

i don't know why no ones replied but the MLP probably is the BEST laser outside the serious ablative treatments.

Thanks TenZin. Have you had a microlaser peel? If so were you ever on Accutane? Most importantly, what were your results like and what level was used on you (example: 20 microns or 50 microns)

I really appreciate your answers today or tomorrow since I am having it done Thursday morning.

i had a mild 10 to 15 microns. It was great for my skin. No I was never on tane. I get roseacea & dermatitis. I don't have any scars. I was lucky that way. My skin feels its on fire sometimes from the roseacea AND I must keep my dandruff under control (it very very good right now) and I use 2 creams when I feel the tingling comeing on.

THanks for your response. I will be having a deeper peel, probably 30-50 microns to help some uneven skin texture causd by mild to moderate scarring.

If anyone else has had this done, especially for scars, please let me know your results. I go in for it tomorrow morning.

Have a great day.

bump, because I had to cancel my appointment but am still intersted to hear what people have to say before I reschedule. thanks.

i had a mild 10 to 15 microns. It was great for my skin. No I was never on tane. I get roseacea & dermatitis. I don't have any scars. I was lucky that way. My skin feels its on fire sometimes from the roseacea AND I must keep my dandruff under control (it very very good right now) and I use 2 creams when I feel the tingling comeing on.

YES. BUT I NOW THINK that bacteria from my hair and scalp are important. Example, I put gel on one night and guess what, if I don't shampoo it out the next day, I start to get red. So I think we've got to keep our scalp clean.

Hi--no, unfortunately I had to cancel my appointment because of travel plans. But you might be rightabout that...though I heard that up to 50 microns...sometimes even 60 is considered micro because a full laser peel (co2) is around 150 microns. I think if I can get an appointment again I will go for about 30-40 microns.

Still interested in hearing from microlaser peel patients who had it done for scarring. Thanks for responding Zen.

Ha--I meant TenZin.

I know this is an old topic but I would like to open it back up cause I have the same question as Dublin...I got the treatment done so I will keep you all posted and MAYBE post photos I took some before pictures two days ago...

Day 1

When getting the treatment done it actually tickled kind of and felt more pleasant than chemicals.

I am as red as a tomato, and my face is on FIRE

!!! but I didn't care I went out anyways lol came home late and looked in the mirror and I was covered in scabs which are all of the redmarks and brownmarks.

Day2

Same

Day 3 (today)

I can barely open my mouth and I am still red... my skin is staring to peel I have gotten peels in the past and would flake in only a couple of spots, but this one I can tell is going to peel in every spot on my face. I will look five years younger!!!! :dance: another thing I noticed is it basically killed the spots under m skin you know the ones you feel but nobody sees they never came to a head or anything they just scabbed over.

HI, wondering how your microlaser peel has healed and if you like the results, and if possible, how your skin is different. I am the original poster and have wanted to hear someone' experience for a while now.

Thanks!