Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kairasa

Starting a new regime

Okay, so I used the body shop's tea tree oil products for about a month, and from about day 5 or so it made my face worse. Increasingly worse. Everyday. So wisely I stopped using it. I read about the "dip" method, and my mom wants me to just wash with soap so I htink I'll combine the two.

Morning:

Dip method --face submerged in very warm water for 60-100 seconds.

Foundation

Evening: Washing with Dove soap

Dip Method--maybe only 30 seconds or so.

How's this sound? Plus, I have a bunch of redmarks on my forehead, what would get rid of them without disrupting my new regime?

Okay, so I used the body shop's tea tree oil products for about a month, and from about day 5 or so it made my face worse. Increasingly worse. Everyday. So wisely I stopped using it. I read about the "dip" method, and my mom wants me to just wash with soap so I htink I'll combine the two.

Morning:

Dip method --face submerged in very warm water for 60-100 seconds.

Foundation

Evening: Washing with Dove soap

Dip Method--maybe only 30 seconds or so.

How's this sound? Plus, I have a bunch of redmarks on my forehead, what would get rid of them without disrupting my new regime?

dip method doesn't work alone. It will cause you to produce more oil, and since the water alone won't shed off dead skin cells and all the excess oil, it will cause zits. I would simply use a gentle cleanser instead, and then moisturize.

Not a bar soap. In general, the ingredients that keep them in solid form can be pore clogging. This may not be enough to clear you. Why don't you and your mom at least visit cosmeticscop.com and view the articles on how to treat blemish prone skin. Some good basic info there.