Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ls1984

How much money have you lost due to acne?

I'm talking about time off work.

I've probably lost about 3k in wages and two jobs through taking time off with acne over the past two years or so.

Had another outbreak today and will not be going into work tomorrow. I'm in a client facing job and just can't do it. My skin will be good for 3 weeks or so then I'll have a big outbreak which will take about 2 weeks to recover then back again same cycle.

Yes, I've tried EVERYTHING.

Embarrasing waking up next to someone when you have acne when the night before your face is ok.

I'm at the brink now

I've probably only lost about $300 from not going to work. I can only think of a couple instances where I did not go.

What have you tried, if you wouldn't mind sharing?? Are you male or female?

I've probably only lost about $300 from not going to work. I can only think of a couple instances where I did not go.

What have you tried, if you wouldn't mind sharing?? Are you male or female?

$0 I dont spend time away from work due to acne. I spend time away from work because of injuries to my knees or if I have a surgery of some sort. I would rather be at work with acne than stay at home all day sitting on my ass getting more and more depressed

ls1984 I mean no disrespect but missing that much work and allowing your acne (that your dr says is mild) to dictate your life in such a severe way makes me want to think you are depressed, and its not so much the acne itself thats causing you to bow out so much but rather other deeper lying issues. We all hate our bad skin and are embaressed consistently by the general public but I think your case is a bit extreme.

Acne can affect people in many different ways,just because *you* dont let it affect your day to day life doesnt mean it wont have a more dramatic effect on someone else.Dont make large assumptions about people when we are all different. :ninja:

Acne can affect people in many different ways,just because *you* dont let it affect your day to day life doesnt mean it wont have a more dramatic effect on someone else.Dont make large assumptions about people when we are all different. :ninja:

Not making an assumption, losing jobs and drastic amounts of money over a mild condition (said by the OP themselves) is a bit overbearing. True everyone deals with it in different ways but allowing it to ruin your life is a huge indicator of a bigger issue.

I have also been seeing thios attrctive girl and she has only seen me with clear skin and she wants to see me next weekend I really don't want her seeing me like this and waking up with her next to me seeing my latest outbreak.

I have also been seeing thios attrctive girl and she has only seen me with clear skin and she wants to see me next weekend I really don't want her seeing me like this and waking up with her next to me seeing my latest outbreak.

Why don't you try the "dip" method. Submerge your face in very warm (not hot) water, for 60 seconds morning and night. It seems to be working for many people.

i'm just gonna do products for acne and red marks (mostly red marks)

4 vitalize peels x $125= $500

5 bottles Doxycycline x $50 = $250

4 Tubes of crap - differin, tretinoin, retin-a micro = $400

4 Vitamin C serum x $90= $360

4 glycolic cleansers x $25= $100

1 day missed work = $50 (cause i was peeling bad and didn't want to come in)

-----------------------------------------------

$1660 yikes

this past year was around 4000. between facials/microderm sessions/medications/derm/etc.

i just sat here and calculated it and now i feel like crap for being so vain.

Why don't you try the "dip" method. Submerge your face in very warm (not hot) water, for 60 seconds morning and night. It seems to be working for many people.

Oh man I couldn't even place a figure on all the money I've wasted on acne....starting bout 6 years ago...more than 500 on Chinese medicine and accupuncture, on diet, pills, supplements, potions, meds well over a 1000, holidays for sun and sea, over 500...though I have saved money by not having a social life so I'm probably up over all :-) !! infact considering i havent been able to work cause of it I'm prob way down!!!

I have probably gone into thousands of pounds when it come to sorting out my acne. I tried SOOOOOOOO many products and regimes before finally going on accutane. The list of all the products I used could go on and on.

Acne doesn't just affect your appearance or your emotions but also your damn bank balance, lol.