Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wəəgəə

I need to tell someone about my depression

I'm not sure what to do. I've been living in my own hell for the past year, probably more but it has only gotten worse. Usually I'll go through a cycle where I feel completely out of control with it and feel I need to tell someone. I've been wanting to for a long time but I couldnt do anything on my accutane course, I wanted to stick with the medication (they'd snap me right off if I told them).

It's getting in the wy of everything, i cant concentrate, i get confusing mild anxiety attacks, mood swings, become aggressive, etc. I don't want to live this way anymore. But it's very hard to talk about it. Even on here I don't like making too much of a deal out of it but lately I just cant take it anymore. I'm scared I'll end up like this forever and get nothing accomplished.

I am equally cscared of telling anybody. I'm not sure I'd get help even if I told my mom. But I'm tired of waiting for it to go away on its own. I've become too withdrawn.

what should I do? I'm thinking of telling my mom later today or tonight, but I always seem to choke up when explaining these kinds of things.

I'm in a similar situation. :( I feel like I should get help, too. I still have another month of Accutane left though, it's probably not a good idea for me to say anything just yet. The Accutane isn't the source of my problems, but ya know.

I would tell my mother if I were you.

Ok you guys sound like me a year and a half ago or so. Ive been there its shit rough and miserable but guess what you can most definitely without a doubt get past it! Please believe on this ok?

I remember how I felt, totally blank with a complete inability to concentrate on anything and nothing interested or motivated me. I was tired confused and flustered, lashing out at my mum for no reason, needing naps in the middle of the day becuase I was so tired I had these fits of jaw wrenching yawns. Its horrible and I totally get how your feeling.

If your at the point where your looking at your life thinking what the heck has happened, this isnt me, then yes its time to tlak to someone. Remember how your feeling isnt you, its some stupid illness, a little parasite trying to take you over. Dont let it, I know fighting it seems hard but it can be done, it took everything I had. But I did it.

So Schsim, talk to your mum, tell her how your feeling, she'll want to help shes your mum and you are her child. Aint nothing coming between that. Totally normal to feel scared, just accept it, take a deep breath and go for it, you be suprised how much better you feel after it.

theres lots of options out there. If you dont want to go down the medication road and some people dont thats fair enough then maybe thinking about going to talk to someone? I know that seems incredibly scary and the first time you do it will be incredibly draining but it can really help, having someone listening to you without judgement while you talk out everything on your mind.

Alternatively start writing its incredibly theraputic, keep a journal writing how you feel and whats wrong. I did and I found myself sometimes writing myself out of my low mood because Id start motivating myself.

If your up to it start exercising, it doesnt have to be much even a walk around your neighbourhood can clear the fog sometimes.

Dont feel bad if your not up to something. Just say to yourself, ok fine I cant do that today but I will soon enough, Im going to be able to that again soon.

And of course if you dont mind taking medication that can be done to, just remember that it wont cure you its going to lift your mood enough so you can do the rest of these things.

Keep remembering that cloud will lift, you will be past this. you gotta take this on head first and you will get better!

I was the same way.. and I suffered for years. I finally went to my mom a few months ago asking to go to the doctors. I could not stand it any longer. I got meds.. and I'm doing better now. Just try to and go get some help. :)

Depression can be the worst feeling in the world.I cant say much else except dont suffer with it in private.Get help no matter how hard it is.Medication and a counsellor will work wonders.Maybe not at the start,but over time you *will*start to feel better :ninja:

Me too..

been feeling progressively worse lately and think it's time I told someone.. but like you, I find it difficult to open up to anyone about these kinds of things, it just doesn't feel right.. especially because I'm not too close to my mum, or anyone else for that matter. Frustrating because I think just getting it off my chest would be a great big help, and also being able to give some kind of explanation as to why I act the way I do would maybe make her see that it's not at all easy being like this... at the moment people put it down to pure laziness or think I avoid things because I'm unwilling to do them, but really I want to do all these things and be 'normal' and what have you but my depression holds me back, and I don't think anybody realises how bad it's become for me, 'cause I won't let them in. Though more and more it's becoming obvious that struggling along by myself isn't getting me anywhere so I'm going to have to get some help. But it's like revealing such a deep and personal part of you.. and ya've spent such a long time trying to cover it up and trying to make it go away that when it comes to exposing it to someone and admitting 'yeah I've got a problem, I need some help' well, its hard..

Just seems that whenever I try to 'come clean' things end up sounding somewhat trivial and I just can't express myself how I'd like to.. so thats why I usually don't bother. I've come close to spilling the beans before, but then I always chicken out at the last minute and decide I don't want to tell after all.. so bottled up inside it goes again. But I'm gonna have another stab at it tomorrow me thinks. I know I'd feel much better for it afterwards

So Schsim, talk to your mum, tell her how your feeling, she'll want to help shes your mum and you are her child. Aint nothing coming between that. Totally normal to feel scared, just accept it, take a deep breath and go for it, you be suprised how much better you feel after it.

what a coincidence I told my mom about it last night. I told her about the last year and more being hell for me for some reason and my mood swings etc.

She said she thought something was up but waited for me to tell her about it. honestly I feel like a bitch today for telling her, it doesnt feel good knowing somebody knows. She arranged an appointment with a psychologist she knows later this month. The same one that diagnosed my older sister with ADD (or ADHD, whatever the fuck they call it now).

I'm happy I am finally going to get help about it, I felt like it opened a door for me, but its still embarrassing.

I still did not tell her about my low (practically nonexistent) confidence/self esteem and how I'm always so nervous around others and self concious. I'll tell the doctor though.

what a coincidence I told my mom about it last night. I told her about the last year and more being hell for me for some reason and my mood swings etc.

She said she thought something was up but waited for me to tell her about it. honestly I feel like a bitch today for telling her, it doesnt feel good knowing somebody knows. She arranged an appointment with a psychologist she knows later this month. The same one that diagnosed my older sister with ADD (or ADHD, whatever the fuck they call it now).

I'm happy I am finally going to get help about it, I felt like it opened a door for me, but its still embarrassing.

I still did not tell her about my low (practically nonexistent) confidence/self esteem and how I'm always so nervous around others and self concious. I'll tell the doctor though.