Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kei_fujo

complex 15 users

i was doing some research on it because i know gmr users say to use the lotion and not the cream but the cream is available in stores while lotion is usually only online. well, ingredients wise the only thing the cream has that the lotion doesn't is propylene glycol which rated 0 on comedogency and irritiability. so if you don't want to always have to order it, i think the cream would probably be fine. i may be wrong, but i wouldn't see why it would be bad.

hey kei - i'm not sure if you read the post i wrote about that... at first thought i agreed with what you write here, but then i remembered i've heard some questionable things about that ingredient -- the propylene glycol. i don't know how valid the studies were, but i read on a few sites that although it was FDA-approved, it was a controversial ingredient in that it's used in anti-freeze and stuff... but then some sites were arguing that the one used in cosmetics is a different version of the chemical. then i saw a final site that was basically saying the results are inconclusive, but that at the very least, if you're going to use it, best to use it in products where you would actually rinse it off, as in a conditioner. rather than in a lotion or cream, which sits on your skin all day, absorbing. i do know that ingredient is often used to provide "slip."

then there was the prospect of the P.G. being a "filler" in the cream, therein defeating the purpose of the GMR (see the link above).

anyway, i'm no scientist, so i don't know definitively... just wanted to put on the table what i read. i think there are a few people around here who use the cream, and they like it. (Cool As Kim Deal... Ami, i think... and Brandy had this to say)

hey kei - i'm not sure if you read the post i wrote about that... at first thought i agreed with what you write here, but then i remembered i've heard some questionable things about that ingredient -- the propylene glycol. i don't know how valid the studies were, but i read on a few sites that although it was FDA-approved, it was a controversial ingredient in that it's used in anti-freeze and stuff... but then some sites were arguing that the one used in cosmetics is a different version of the chemical. then i saw a final site that was basically saying the results are inconclusive, but that at the very least, if you're going to use it, best to use it in products where you would actually rinse it off, as in a conditioner. rather than in a lotion or cream, which sits on your skin all day, absorbing. i do know that ingredient is often used to provide "slip."

then there was the prospect of the P.G. being a "filler" in the cream, therein defeating the purpose of the GMR (see the link above).

anyway, i'm no scientist, so i don't know definitively... just wanted to put on the table what i read. i think there are a few people around here who use the cream, and they like it. (Cool As Kim Deal... Ami, i think... and Brandy had this to say)

:( im using that too.... but it is working fine. ive only used it twice though. i think Brandy said that the consistency of the cream and lotion were very similar. though ive never seen the lotion, i think her claim might be right since the cream feels nothing like a cream is supposed to. it's actually the exact consistency of Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. as for it doing the job just as good as the lotion, i still havent used it enough. one thing, though, this cream has gotten excellent reviews on drugstore.com, it's got 5 stars and about 54 people rated it. so it must not be that bad. :dance:

yea, I have them both right here and personally I can't tell any difference in the feel of them.

and yes, both Complex 15 versions get excellent ratings everywhere: here on acne.org, drugstore.com, and makeup alley too.

there are very very few negative ratings for these products.

I started using the cream a few days ago (at night only) and it totally eliminates the sting of AHA in my moisturizer the next morning. I <3 that little plus, besides the fact that this stuff seems it'll run out fast (The cream comes in a little tube..but I was too impatient to order the lotion online).

So far I totally recommend it.

I started using the cream last week (I bought it at CVS). So far I really like it and do not see it contributing to any breakouts :shrug: