Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jibaku

facial hair cause of acne increase?

I've had acne for a long time, but looking over some old pictures I've realized it's never been as bad as it was this past year. Trying to figure out the reason for this it occurred to me that last year is the first year that I developed any facial hair (slow bloomer). Could that be the cause? I don't mean the shaving, because I don't have a lot and what I have is so light that I don't shave often. But regardless, I definitely have hair growing where it didn't before.

And if the acne is being caused by facial hair, is there no hope for reversing the effects? Because even if I shave that's only shaving off the part of the hair that appears above the skin.

ya i have observe similar, i switched from blade to electric (micro-sheen) it has helped with the ingrowns but i still get pustules and papules so go figure

I've had acne for a long time, but looking over some old pictures I've realized it's never been as bad as it was this past year. Trying to figure out the reason for this it occurred to me that last year is the first year that I developed any facial hair (slow bloomer). Could that be the cause? I don't mean the shaving, because I don't have a lot and what I have is so light that I don't shave often. But regardless, I definitely have hair growing where it didn't before.

And if the acne is being caused by facial hair, is there no hope for reversing the effects? Because even if I shave that's only shaving off the part of the hair that appears above the skin.

I realized that when I have facial hair, I just use a trimmer, so you don't make any direct contact with a physical blade against your skin. Grow a nice thin stubble like beard... really close, but never cutting it all off.

Shaving increases irritation, which could lead to acne from a few reasons. oil production, improper cleansing after shaving from bacteria. both combined. the irritation alone can cause bumps.

shaving is a pain in the ass!!

I realized that when I have facial hair, I just use a trimmer, so you don't make any direct contact with a physical blade against your skin. Grow a nice thin stubble like beard... really close, but never cutting it all off.

Shaving increases irritation, which could lead to acne from a few reasons. oil production, improper cleansing after shaving from bacteria. both combined. the irritation alone can cause bumps.

shaving is a pain in the ass!!

Good post