Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slider

Wierd question..but

Why does it seem like after people go to the dermatologist to get something for their acne their skin actually becomes worse? It seems like that's the case with a lot of people on here. I'm trying to figure out if I should or not. I really don't want to go and then get something really potent that will just make mine really bad (it's not too bad now, but I'd like less of it, wouldn't we all) so I don't. Could it just be a small percentage of people?

How bad is your acne right now, and tell us your regimen. Let's see if we can help you first before you go, since it's true: a lot of people come home unhappy

If it works... most people don't come back to the site. I think derm products work for most people. :D

Exactly

You always hear the bad side of things when im sure many people just forgot or havent came back when things work

which is dissapointing

I guess my acne's not too bad. Nobody says anything (unless they're just being polite lol) and i've definitely seen a lot worse, but I came out worse than my brother ever did, which pisses me off because he's not as concerned with appearance as I am lol. I definitely have some scars though, which is my own fault but it's a really hard habit to break of popping them and picking and whatnot. Hard to go out anywhere with this ugly green/whatever color pimples are thing on my face.

Right now I was in the morning with a soap kind of like Cetaphil liquid soap (just the generic brand, does the same thing), then I use a neutrogena rapid clear pad (which have actually helped a good bit). Then in the afternoon I'll usually was with just water, then at night I'll do the same thing I do in the morning, but put some moizturizer crap on my face. Not very manly lol but whatever who cares. I don't have any pics of myself though.