Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:think::think::think: Ive been thinking about this for awhile now. Most makeup's inc. liquid and minerals contain Mica, that reflects light, making scars, red marks, discolourations and fine lines less noticeable. So this would happen if light was around. But what happens if we were in a pitch black room, would that make our skin look like were not wearing makeup at all :surprised: and every little blemish would stand out. But it wouldnt matter cuz nobody could see it. And even if you wanted to take a photo you couldnt see it cuz you need flash to able to see which is light, which make our skin look back to normal.

Cuz I find that when im in a darker room my red marks appear more noticeable than when im in a well litted room.

Just a thought....

:think::think::think: Ive been thinking about this for awhile now. Most makeup's inc. liquid and minerals contain Mica, that reflects light, making scars, red marks, discolourations and fine lines less noticeable. So this would happen if light was around. But what happens if we were in a pitch black room, would that make our skin look like were not wearing makeup at all :surprised: and every little blemish would stand out. But it wouldnt matter cuz nobody could see it. And even if you wanted to take a photo you couldnt see it cuz you need flash to able to see which is light, which make our skin look back to normal.

Cuz I find that when im in a darker room my red marks appear more noticeable than when im in a well litted room.

Just a thought....

Just a thought....

Hey I never thought about it, but now you've made me curious to find out as well :P Although my red marks tend to look the same everywhere I go..:(

I think you're on to something! I noticed that when I took pictures in dim or dark lighting, my red marks would just look 10x worse than they actually do in real life.

Yeah, I've always noticed that in pictures my acne and scars are noticeable, but in well-lit areas, they're barely visible.

However, in natural light (in the outdoors) my acne and scars are still noticeable.

i find my skin looks the best in natural lighting. All the red marks just vanish... i think this happens cuz theres a lot of light the mica can reflect.

Makeup still contains pigment, though, which would help hide the imperfections. How do you think people get by using matte mineral/liquid makeup? In fact, I never use makeup with mica because I don't need anymore shine; when I was breaking out badly I could still cover the blemishes. The blemishes looked worse in some lightings, and better in others; it depends how the lighting casts shadows on the bump.