Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xghostsniperx

Please help me out with my chest red mark treatment routine

I used to have pretty moderate acne on my chest awhile back. I still have a ton of red marks there and I'm looking to get rid of them. I still have a few pimples and blackheads here and there, but my derm says that all I need to use is Tazorac every other night and a Benzoyl Peroxide wash. Anyways.

Right now, here's what I'm doing:

Morning:

-Neutrogena Clear Body Scrub (wash off)

-Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Wash (wash off)

-Paula's Choice 2% BHA (leave it on)

Night

-Tazorac .05% Cream (leave on, put on every other night)

-Paula's Choice 2% BHA (leave on)

Should I lessen it up? Or is there something I should do differently? I've been doing to Scrub and the Peroxide wash for awhile. I just added in the BHA and Tazorac a few days ago.

So, is there anything you guys would reccomend? Or from here on out is dedication to the routine and time the best thing to heal them?

Guest Mankind R.I.P.

Time has healed some of my marks on my face and will always help but I think that exfoliation is the way to go in fading red marks which Tazorac seems to do. Gradually it peels off the 'dead' layers your skin which will unblock pores and shed off dead skin cells which should help fade red marks.

I haven't used Tazorac before but I read a lot about it. Here are the product ratings for it if you haven't seen them already - http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=64

I'm unsure about the benzoyl peroxide wash, it will definitely help your acne but bp also slows down healing of red marks. Maybe ask your derm if there is anything else instead of bp that you could use as your marks will definitely take longer to heal while using it.