Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Sincerely_Me

SM's Regimen (round 2)

Guest Sincerely_Me

This is my new Regimen. Let me give you a bit of background & general info.

I am 20 years old, I have mild acne, and it has been this way for years. Thankfully, I am lucky not to have it so severe, but still in all it can put a damper on being a teenager, and certainly being 20 with acne STILL - well, it doesn't make me feel too good.

I am not going to tell you I have tried everything - in fact, I have never been to a dermatologist. I have, however, tried many over the counter BP products as well as cleansers to try to get my acne under control. When those did not work, I went onto Benzamycin, which really worked wonders for my skin, but eventually stopped doing it's job. I was back to OTC, when I found this website and I was willing to give it a try. I admit, I was impressed by Dan and his story and decided to give it a shot. I was ecstatic when it worked. I never got completely clear, but I was clear enough, and happy. After getting "clear enough" I stopped BP, I still washed and in place of BP I used Alpha Hydroxy for red marks, and moisturized. I was great for a while, and even more clear and then the breakouts were back again. I decided to try old faithful or the DKR and see if it could help my skin out some more. Unfortunately, that was not the case and BP made my face swell on every occasion I used it little or not. I ended up going to my doctor to get Doxycycline and Differin Cream. I don't plan on using these my whole life - especially Doxy since it makes me feel like crap! Those two work wonderfully for me, but I think you should work on the outside and the inside in my case. I have redness on my face, it is usually on the dry side and very dull. My new regimen is a way to not only help my skin, but to see if it can improve the look and feel of my skin.

This is what I plan to do:

I have decided to hop on the bandwagon and order some ZUM soap (lavender) and made from Goat's Milk from what I understand. BP is not my friend, so I am sticking with Doxy and Differin. Fruit of the Earth's Aloe Vera Gel will be my daytime moisturizer, and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Face Lotion will be my night time moisturizer. I am on the fence about using toner -if I do decide to do so, ACV all the way.

I am beginning my regimen tonight. I will update for those of you who care to read and to track my progress!

Guest Sincerely_Me

EDIT:

After opening my order of ZUM soap, I realized that it doesn't seem like it is budget friendly, as it is small. You can get more bang for your buck elsewhere, and for those of you who pay your own bills, etc, it may be a better choice to go with something else...which is what I plan to do.

I will be looking into other soaps, probably Dove, as I love their products. I will let you know, and edit my regimen if and when that time comes!

Guest Sincerely_Me
hey good luck! :angel: you will love the aloe vera gel. I use it for day time/primer and i luv it!

Guest Sincerely_Me

Night One:

The soap I got is definitely drying, at least to me, unlike liquid cleansers I have used, so it may not be for me. It's very nice though, it leaves your skin nice and soft.

Anyway, my face is ok, or it will be shortly. I have a few active's near my chin, and a ton of redmarks which I hate. I am PMSing and a little over-due for my period, so it could be hormonal at the moment. My chest went a little crazy as well, with active's there...but a lot of discoloration which REALLY gets on my nerves (and I cannot fade for the life of me). I am using some BP on my chin to heal the active's a little faster...hopefully it doesn't swell my whole face. Otherwise, it's not too bad, but I think I am making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be as I am so self conscious about my skin and hate when people look at me.

My pores are massive. Ugh, it drives me insane. Deal with one thing at a time though, right? God isn't on my side today =P!

Goodnight everyone!

Guest Sincerely_Me

Day 1:

My skin, ugh. Thankfully where I put the BP, it shrank what active's I did have considerably. I guess it could always be worse, but this really bugs the hell out of me like you wouldn't believe! My pores, especially where you typically put blush are big, they are a little big on my nose, and on my forehead it's not too, too bad, but it's getting there. I don't think there is anyway to smooth out the pores, or make them less visible, but I think that is the quest when I finally rid myself of the skin I hate so much.

I am thrilled that I used a VERY small amount of BP on my forehead last night as a test since that is usually what causes me most irritation, and my eyes aren't swollen shut or anything. I think it may be ok to use BP again, but not on my cheeks or anything...or anywhere NEAR my eyes. But how it swelled my whole face - I'll never know.

Don't we all wish we could wake up to beautiful skin and not worry about this crap? I feel so inadequete everywhere we go, and I don't feel pretty. You know, it's one thing when people think you are, but another when you really feel that you are. Or at least you can accept yourself for what you are. I can just remember being places and thinking I'm not even pretty enough to be here with this person. And you know what I hate? After I had just got done talking to a bunch of guys, my grandma goes "You are a very attractive young women. I mean, you've got some acne, which most girls your age do..." I'm like grrr. I'm not sure why, but it bugs me.

Anyway!! I see myself and I feel bad for the people here - who let acne or their bad skin day ruin their day and it hinders them from doing things, whether it be going to school or going to hang out with friends, or even going into a store because the lighting will make them look less than perfect. I think those are the people who deserve to be cut a break more than anyone.

Have a good day!

Guest Sincerely_Me

So, I have been super busy and have not been updating.

The skin is looking...okay. The redmarks still kick my ass, and I hate not wearing make up, but whatever. I seem to be doing good with my new regimen and the doxy certainly helps. It seems to me that the one thing that is helping my skin the most if my Healthy Skin Face Lotion.

My pores seem to change daily, either big or fairly small, but my face doesn't seem to be a huge concern ATM. Now I am about figuring out a way to get the redmarks and stuff off of my chest. WTF! I am now on a quest to search the boards on what to do!