Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meuy222640

I am disappointed with mineral make up

Hi, i posted about needing help for make up on my wedding day last week then I ordered sample size of Aubrey nicole,signature,everyday mineral i use all of them and I don;t like it cause it does not long last and make my face looks weird with oily too.. I don't know why It happens to me.. so I still need to find another make ups that is better than mineral makeup for me :cry:

i think that, depending on a person's coverage needs, mineral makeup can take a lot more practice than non-mineral to get to a point where you really really like it and are happy with it. i'm using AN, which i like, and i've improved a lot since my first try w/MMU, but i'm still not totally satisfied myself with the whole application/look of it. but then, i have some intense redness to cover, so i have trouble with any makeup.

having said that, not everyone likes MMU, and yes, it is different from traditional makeup.

i'm sorry you've had so much trouble, esp. since it's for your wedding and all! :comfort: hopefully you can get some good recs in this thread...

My mother wore origins on her wedding day, though she has no acne it looked good on her. Maybe you can find a make-up artist and ask them what they reccomend.

I personally don't like MMU either.

I wear mineral make up normally, but when I'm going out and want more coverage I use stila oil free liquid foundation. In pictures it makes my face look flawless, which it really isn't. Give it a try you might like it.

It took me a long time (abou three months) to get the perfect hang of how to apply mineral makeup . I stuck with it because I was convinced that liquid foundation was making my skin problems worse, and I hated how uneven concealer would look. I like it now for everyday, but i think that for my wedding I would definitely have a professional use something that would photograph better. MMU is better for your skin, but it takes a while to get the right balance for your face.

Yuck. I don't like mineral makeup. I really don't feel that chemicals = evil, my Colorstay works without breaking me out, so I like it.

My mother wore origins on her wedding day, though she has no acne it looked good on her. Maybe you can find a make-up artist and ask them what they reccomend.

I personally don't like MMU either.

I've used Origins in the past & it is pretty good with oily skin, for a liquid foundation. I dont remember it causing me to break out.

I like MMU best still cuz it feels so light & I can get heavy coverage without looking like I'm wearing a mask of foundation, but there are cons to it & one is that it does take some practice to really get the hang of it.