Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm sorta new to the forum, but I've had acne on and off since middle school. Now I'm a senior in high school, and for some reason, these past few months my self-confidence has skyrocketed. I've always had acne in the mild/moderate form, and in this past month I started the body shop's tea tree oil stuff, and it has made my face break out slightly more,but really I just have more red spots. I have started Honey masks, so hopefully the redness will go down.

Anyways, I've never had really low self esteem, but lately I've had really high self esteem. We had to give a speech on our appointed person in 20/21st century history class, and I volunteered first. Not like me. I talk to this one guy in my psychology class all the time now, and I'm not embarrased by my acne. Sure I wear makeup and you can only see a few bumps, but before I was really self-concious. Now I'm just like, I'm a pretty 5'6 113lbs blue eyed light brown haired girl, who has a 4.2 gpa and going to attend university in a few short months. What's the point in being caught up in pimples? Sure I try to treat them, but it's not really so bad. Everybody my age is self-conscious about something, and I just don't feel like being so tied up in something so trivial. Acne isn't going to hold me back!

So yeah, I just felt like expressing that. It's a particularly good day. =)

This is a good piece of advice and I'm glad you can have a greater amount of self-esteem being an acne sufferer.

Or are you really suffering from it? Probably not a wise choice of words on my part, but it matters not. What does is that now you are not letting it get you down.

Get ready for some flame posts, though. :P

What is she ranting about, the fact that shes has a perfect life so its stupid of her to worry about acne? Thats not a rant. Thats having too much confidence

I have a learning disability. I didnt understand the point of her post Mortally. Thats why I asked. It makes me sad that other people are so successful in life and here I am a person with a shitty life, a college drop out

It makes me sad that other people are so successful in life and here I am a person with a shitty life, a college drop out