Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anonymous66

I have raised bumps and crater like scars that look like volcanoes on my nose

Go to the dermatologist's. I had a couple raised bumps on my nose that a nurse at the derm's office burned off with a hot instrument. It took minutes to get rid of the bumps that had bothered me for a year.

Probably Retin-A will help refine the skin and get rid of minor scars. After I accidentally scratched off a whitehead, leaving a circular scar, retin-A Micro 0.4% got rid of the scar within a few days.

Subaru are you sure that was a scar? Sometimes I used to pop whiteheads and they left a non-permanent macule which went away in a week. Also, My sister got a big fat lump on her nose from a piercing gone wrong, but it also went away fast....from experience the big volcanoish craters are usually from big cysts, is that right from your experience anonmous66?

Also, Subaru...can you tell more about this nifty nose-lump-burning surgery? I could do with that myself

Anonymous 66 feel free to post a pic, we don't judge people on this forum :-) but we might have some advice that could help you.

Subaru are you sure that was a scar? Sometimes I used to pop whiteheads and they left a non-permanent macule which went away in a week. Also, My sister got a big fat lump on her nose from a piercing gone wrong, but it also went away fast....from experience the big volcanoish craters are usually from big cysts, is that right from your experience anonmous66?

Also, Subaru...can you tell more about this nifty nose-lump-burning surgery? I could do with that myself

Anonymous 66 feel free to post a pic, we don't judge people on this forum :-) but we might have some advice that could help you.

The bumps that I had on my nose were there for over a year, and I thought they'd be there forever until I asked the nurse if she could do anything.

It's been two yrs now since I had the benign lesions on my nose removed. The skin beneath was red for a while, and I had to stay out of the sun, but I did not have any scarring from their removal. However, as I said before, they were small, about the size of milia but they weren't milia.

It was $70 for two small bumps. As they were not pimples, I thought they'd be there permanently, but it took a minute for the nurse to burn them off. She just told me to keep out of the sun for 6 months, so the redness would go away.

how much did it cost to have them burned off?

As for the other scars, just go to the derm! They'll probably give you a topical retinoid and/or suggest chemical peels (e.g. glycolic acid peels).