Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering if anyone had any luck with topical sulfur products- i started using prosacea to spot treat and it seems to get rid of the redness and reduce inflammation.

also do you consider sulfur to be a more natural way to fight acne?

thanks

ive used diff products/topical meds with sulfur and yes they do help with redness to some degree but like any other topical ive tried, it doesnt keep me zit-free at all times.

hm..i was on bactrim (sulfa antibiotic) for a lil bit (when i was young and stupid) and it worked great for my acne..think a topical sulfur product would work any good ?

Sulfa and sulfur are different. I'm allergic to sulfa but can use sulfur products on my face topically.

Yes, sulfa and sulfur are different. I asked my doc, cuz I'm also allergic to sulfa. I used a topical called Plexion. I believe it had sulfur in it. It worked pretty well for me. I only stopped using it because my parents insurance dropped me, and I couldn't afford the derm appointments anymore or the Rx without the co-pay. Otherwise I would have stuck with it, because my skin was much clearer when I was using it regularly with Differin, and seeing my derm. for extractions.

I have more comedonal acne though, I don't usually get huge breakouts, I just have constantly clogged pores, and extra layers of dead skin that just won't shed themselves. I don't know if you would see similar results on the other kinds of acne ( I can't think of what they are called right now).

Just wondering if anyone had any luck with topical sulfur products- i started using prosacea to spot treat and it seems to get rid of the redness and reduce inflammation.

also do you consider sulfur to be a more natural way to fight acne?

thanks