Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

Quick question: Before or after food?

Do I take these supplements before or after food? I checked the directions and it wasnt stated.

- Vitamin C

- B Complex

- Vitamin E

- Lecithin

You should always take them during a meal. You should not before a meal and not after a meal. This is because if you think about what you are trying to accomplish, you want that pill to stay in your system as long as possible in order to be absorbed completely. If you take it before a meal, it will be the first in line to leave the body as the food you eat will just pile on top of it and force it out quicker. If you take it right after a meal, it goes on top of the rest of the food and defeats the purpose of mixing with the food's vitamins and minerals. Never take vitamins before sleep or without food because you will most likely eject it from the body through urination.

I take all my pills either a few minutes before or about a half hour after a meal. I dont drink any liquids with my meals because I feel like it dilutes my already light digestive fluids. I take them when there is still something in my stomach but its already partially digesting and that works pretty well for me. The only things I take on an empty stomach are magnesium (which I take before I go to sleep at night)SAM-e, my bee pollen/royal jelly supplements, and probiotics, which I take after my fiber supplement in the morning. Basically, if it isnt specified, take it with something in your stomach. Its also good to coordinate what you take it with, for example, I take my fat soluble stuff with a fatty meal (lecithin, efas, vitamin e, ester c).

You should always take them during a meal. You should not before a meal and not after a meal. This is because if you think about what you are trying to accomplish, you want that pill to stay in your system as long as possible in order to be absorbed completely. If you take it before a meal, it will be the first in line to leave the body as the food you eat will just pile on top of it and force it out quicker. If you take it right after a meal, it goes on top of the rest of the food and defeats the purpose of mixing with the food's vitamins and minerals. Never take vitamins before sleep or without food because you will most likely eject it from the body through urination.

From Necromancer's EXTREME ACNE-FREE REGIMEN.

Always take supplements with food, as more of it is absorbed. This is because food stays in the stomach to be digested, if you take it beforehand it will just pass straight through quickly.