Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buffy25

Acne & Stress

Does anyone else think that there is a direct relationship with acne and stress??? My skin used to be flawless, but ever since planning my wedding, it has been awful!!!! I hope this is temporary and it goes away before my wedding, but definitely after. THOUGHTS????

there is totally a relationship. Whenever I make a big change in my life that im stressed about, Ill break out. I used too until I started taking zinc everyday. 65 mg per day. 50 in the morning and 15 at night. Its the stuff you need to combat acne. A lot of people overlook it and try more dramatic answers but it helps. It fights the chemical reaction that createst sebum, so new acne wont form and it rejuvenates skin cells so old acne and scars heal faster. Having a zinc defenciency creates a breeding ground for acne, so when you become stressed the shock on your central nervous system releases the sebum in your glands creating acne. So my advice, Buy a 4 dollar bottle of zinc that lasts for 3 months and take some everyday and when you get stressed out your body will be prepared to fight for you! It helped me alot, hope this helps

I'm sure there can be a connection. HOWEVER, I think if you become healthy internally, you may be able to over-ride that factor. I first got acne when I was 25; it coincided with going back to school. Stress may have been a contributing factor, but I know there were other dietary factors as well. But now I've figured out how to control my acne by eating a low-carb diet. I'm in grad school now which is definitely the most stressful thing I've ever done in my life and my skin is clear. Boy am I grateful too, because having acne AND dealing with the stress of grad school would suck.

I think there's a link too. I remember having pretty good skin before going out with an ex and while going out with her my face took a nose dive. It was stressful because it was one of those long distance ones. Also, whenever I have like midterms and finals are over my face tends to break out the week after.

I would go with what the others said, there certainly is a link between stress and acne as stress is known to cause many hormonal changes that can affect the skin and other areas of the body as well. I can recollect one of my friend who had acne and was simultaneously leading a very stressful life before that, but having said so he also got cured of the problem due to efficient treatment. He also was prescribed the prevacid medicine to allievate from stomach acid problems as he was having problem in digestion too. But later the acne problems returned as he could not eradicate stress from his life.

I agree with the others. I have found a correlation between stress and acne. In particular, stress that keeps you from getting a good night's sleep. I break out every time I try to skimp on sleep. Never fails.

im the other way round i get stressed because i have acne, cant help it but hate looking at myself most of the time. Do you think it would be better to get stress tablets rather than takin antibiotics which seems to be doing nothing any way.