Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, i was wondering if SA and AHA are known to react badly together. I currently use St. Ives Apricot Scrub w/ SA and want to add an AHA lotion to my regimen.

It's possible to use both SA and AHAs in your regimen if you are using good-quality products.

Sadly, I don't feel that anything made by St Ives qualifies ....

shuld be ok, since the scrub is a face wash, and not a leve on treatment, it wont be active on your skin long enough to do any harm.

ull be fine :)

shuld be ok, since the scrub is a face wash, and not a leve on treatment, it wont be active on your skin long enough to do any harm.

ull be fine :)

Although it wouldn't be active that long enough to do ANYTHING at all, personally I would recommend you that brand St Ives nor any cleansers/scrubs and some toners with SA they simply won't work, there is a certain amount of time around 30-45 mins in which SA&AHA's need to be in contact with skin in order to start working, you can find far better products than St Ives, and yes there is no harm using both BHA and AHA's at the same time, in fact if no excesive dryness present, you would find far off better results alternating the products :)